A Simmons Beautyrest Mattress for Sciatic Pain and Scoliosis.

Rachel writes:

Hi Pete,
I came across your website and really enjoyed the honest advice given. I am in the market for a mattress to help with my low back sciatica pain. 
I was going to a chiropractor for the pain, but even that hasn’t help much anymore.
I primarily have it on my left side, and very low in my back. I have been told it’s my sciatic nerve. Coupled with this, I have scoliosis which has plagued me a lot of my life.

Currently I am pregnant, and before I got pregnant I was worried the back pain would be too much to bear. 
It seems the ligaments have stretched and I am still in pain, but much less than I thought it would be.
I have a desk job, so I know sitting all day makes my problem 100 time worse. I try to do stretches and walk as much as I can to loosen up that area, but nothing is a permanent fix.
So I know I need to replace my bed. I am a side sleeper who rolls to my back in the middle of sleep. It’s when I am on my back that causes me so much discomfort.

I need some help in finding the right firmness level, even for the times when I roll to back at night. 
If the bed is too hard, my back hurts and too soft  I sink in the middle and my back has no support.
I am 33, approx. 170 (before pregnancy), and 5’6 
Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thank you, Rachel


Hi Rachel,
Sciatica is the vertebrae pinching a nerve in the small of your back. That area is the nerve center for the entire lower half of your body. 
That pinched nerve sends pain shooting from there, around the hip and down the leg.
This happens when the discs that normally keep the vertebrae separate, wear thin...or wear away, all together.
The key to alleviating this, is to maintain the natural alignment of the spine.
When the mattress is too firm or too soft, they become misaligned....and the nerves pinch.

Having a good sleeping surface...one that will support you properly, and be comfortable enough to sleep deeply and without pain, is what you're looking for. 
And THAT, is easier said than done.

Mattresses, like the human body, has a certain duality to them. For the mattress, it's the support part and the comfort part.
For the human body, it's skeletal support and exterior comfort.
In both cases they combine to provide a good night's sleep.
One without the other ends up being a waste of money and a physically painful experience.

The thing that most people do not understand is that today's mattresses are made to be disposable.
And while all of this is damned inconvenient for most people, it's down right disastrous for someone with all the physical issues you have.

There is not one mattress that will do the job you need it to do. 
The key to any product lasting is the quality that goes into it. 
The highest quality product in the mattress industry, is latex. The other foams used, poly and memory foams, are short lived. 
Latex is the most resilient and most comfortable, and has been the best since the 1920s.
Latex is what you'll turn to for the surface comfort part of your sleep system.

The support part of your sleep system is what you'll turn to, to support your spine. 
It must be reasonably firm and it must provide a good degree of "push back" to keep your spine properly supported.
Air, water, and memory foam mattresses provide ZERO push back.
An innerspring mattress is what's called for here. 
And while there are different types of innersprings, with some doing a better job for certain physical conditions than others, what's best for you is the individually pocketed coils of the Simmons Beautyrest.
This time, however, you'll be buying a firm model, not plush. 
Remember that this will be the support part of the equation. You'll add 2" of soft Talalay latex topper to the mattress for a sleep system that will give you everything your body needs.
The contouring support of a firmer Beautyrest will maintain the natural alignment of your spine, which will minimize or even totally eliminate your sciatica pain.
The soft latex topper will relieve your pressure points in any sleeping position and relax your muscles, for a deep, restoreative night's sleep.
Given your size, I'm suggesting the Simmons Beautyrest Platinum Sandy Springs in Luxury Firm...and the EverEden All Natural 2" Soft Talalay Latex Topper.
Here are links to that mattress and to the latex toppers.
https://themattressexpert.com/our-brands/simmons/beautyrest-recharge-world-class/

themattressexpert.com
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Mattress is known for providing both comfort and support. Contact The Mattress Expert to order yours today! 856-874-6894
https://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX


Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments