A Pure Talalay Bliss Latex Mattress going to London, England.

Catherine writes:

Cheers Peter,
I live in London, England.  My husband and I are both 40-something,  5’7” and about 200 lbs.  
We are currently sleeping on an old Queen Sealy Posturepedic Ultra Premium Exquisite mattress.  
It is nice and firm and continues to serve us well.  I have always liked its firmness especially as I tend to sleep on my stomach.

However, we really need more space and are looking at a king sized bed.  
Recently, I have developed some health issues (sarcoidosis, which shouldn’t impact joints) and wake up with sore shoulders, pins and needles in my hands, and I get occasional sore hips.  
I therefore want to use this size upgrade opportunity to get a bed that continues to suit us, but which takes into account what seems to be a shift in my joint health.  
I want to be able to sleep on my stomach (so need firm, I presume) but also more relief when sleeping on my side (shoulders, hips, wrist).

Further complication: my husband likes an electric under pad on his side, while I prefer to keep things cool.
It sounds like a 2 inch latex topper might be a good halfway house on a new mattress (perhaps something similar to what I have got). 
I obviously can’t buy a bed from you for delivery in the UK, but how heavy are the latex toppers (King)?  
I am thinking of having a friend bring one over for me….unless they are too heavy.  Alternatively, do you know how much the customs duties are?
Also, how does one choose soft, medium and hard for a topper?
If you had any recommendations for the underlying mattress, that would be very kind although I obviously can’t ship that over here – too expensive!
I also have a rental property in Canada which I also use so would be interested in Canadian shipping too though my priority is my main bed at home in the UK.
Many thanks, Catherine


Hi Catherine,
The mattress I would recommend for you is one we carry from a company called Pure Talalay Bliss, now known as Talalay Global, which also happens to have a facility in London.
It is an all Talalay Latex mattress with a firm core and soft top, so no need for the topper, which is built right in.
Latex is not a temperature sensitive material, so you can use a heated mattress pad without affecting the feel or the wear of the latex.
The model I have in mind for you, made here, is called Nature. It may also be called that in the UK. 
It has a nice balance of firm support and a comfortable sleeping surface...perfect for any sleeping position. 
I suggest a google search for that factory and then a search within their website to find a retailer near you.
I'm including a link to that mattress so you can see the specifications and get an idea of what it may cost you. 

themattressexpert.com
pure LatexBLISS Natural Talalay Latex Collection Nature PRODUCT & PRICING SPECIFICATIONS Order by Phone 1-856-874-6894 This mattress design


Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments