6 Year Old Sealy Springfree Beachside Latex Mattress Causing Neck and Back Pain.

Gabriel writes:

Hello Peter,
I purchased a Sealy Springfree Beachside latex mattress about 6 years ago, and I have noticed over the past year that I am having more neck and back pain after sleeping on the mattress. 
I have notice my midsection seems to sink into the mattress  and is not being properly supported. 
I am about 6' 2" 200 LBS. We rotate the mattress every 3 months but I am still having  issues. 
Does this mattress simply not provide the amount of support I need or does this sound like a manufacturing defect?  
We have tested flipping the mattress over however the other side is too hard for a comfortable nights sleep. 
Is it time to replace the mattress? Perhaps I could try flipping the mattress over then adding a latex topper? 
If I do this, do I need to continue rotating the mattress? I am actually growing tired of rotating the mattress and would prefer not to have to do it anymore.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,
As with anything, a mattress is only as durable as its weakest component. In this case, it's the 2.5" of soft poly foam that is  above the latex. 
The purpose of the regular rotation is to have the poly foam settle evenly.
Flipping the mattress over exposes the firm latex core to the surface. 
Add a 2" soft talalay latex topper to that and you will have a very comfortable mattress that will last a whole lot longer.
You can reduce your rotating of the mattress to every 6 months.
Here is a link to our latex toppers. Either the EverEden or PureBliss brand will do nicely.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments