Lower Back Pain on a Sealy Posturepedic plush mattress.

Chris writes:

Hi Pete,
I've had a Sealy Posturepedic plush mattress for less than a month. I am a 140 lb. side sleeper--just me in the bed. 
I feel that my hips sink in too much and when I wake I have lower back pain. (I do not have back problems.)
My prior mattress was too firm and old and I felt shoulder and hip pain throughout the night and it would wake me up. 
Also, I have a platform bed so don't need a box spring and would like the new mattress to have handles and not be too heavy so I can turn it periodically. 
I am within the trial period so am able to exchange it. What would you suggest? Your thoughts would be much appreciated. 
Chris

Hi Chris,
Sealy's line cheapened by quite a bit after Tempurpedic bought them. Adding more memory foam is what they did to it. And it's the memory foam causing your problem.
Unlike other types of a upholstery, memory foam is temperature sensitive. 
It softens as it warms from your body heat, allowing you to sink into it and throwing off the proper alignmen
This is something you could have done with your old mattress, which would have given you many more years of comfortable sleep.

You bought a new mattress, assuming the quality would be the same as your old one. That simply isn't true of today's name brand mattresses.
A firm mattress with no memory foam and a soft latex topper is the best way to get around today's lack of quality.
Here is a link to the latex toppers.t of your spine.
It's the memory foam causing your back pain. And, it's the memory foam that wears quickly...even under only 140 lbs. 
When making the exchange, be sure to buy a mattress with NO Memory Foam...if you can.

Keep in mind that the surface of a firm mattress can be softened by adding a 2" Soft Talalay Latex topper.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments