Choosing Between two Different Tempurpedic Memory Foam Mattresses.

Meredith writes:

Hi Pete,
I have narrowed my search down to a couple of different Tempurpedic mattresses.
I actually think that the Contour Select feels a bit softer..more "squishy" and cozy. 
I like it very much, but fear that it might feel too soft in a few years.
I know that the Rhapsody is a better mattress because of the 7 lb. top layer, and feel that because of this high density foam, will hold up better. 
Will the Rhapsody feel like the contour select in a few years?
Its hard for me to pass this one up because of its popularity..but I do like the Contour select too. 
Any thoughts?
What mattress pad would you recommend? Does doubling up the sheets affect the "getting hot" factor?
Thank you so much. Meredith



Hi Meredith,
There are many places you could have written to, that will affirm that which you think you know and tell you everything you want to hear. However, this is not one of those places. 
Memory foam has proven itself to provide poor long term performance. It was Mark Twain who said, "It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they've been fooled." 
You are a victim of brain washing in the form of unrelenting mass media marketing. 
Memory foam is pure junk and has been touted by it's maker as the best thing since sliced bread for nearly 20 years. 
Tell a lie often enough and it begins to sound like the truth. 
Some of the truths that have been omitted from their marketing are: It sleeps hot...you can't change position without waking up...when you get it, it smells real bad. Let's stop there. 
The reason why it smells bad is because it off gasses toxic fumes from the toxic chemicals from which it's made. Those fumes attack your respiratory system. 
Memory foam is the absolute worst material ever invented for use in or as a mattress. Besides being a dangerous health hazard, it's shot in just a few years...at most.
You will have no trouble finding many who would tell you it's safe and long lasting. I would encourage you to google search the contents of memory foam. 
I showed your question to my wife. She told me that I have to help that poor girl. She's about to make a horrible mistake. I wonder if I can. 
With so much hype about it, it's like trying to talk someone out of being Branch Davidian or a follower of Jim Jones....after they'd been brainwashed.
Hopefully, I've gotten through to you before you hurt yourself and every other living being in your home.
I hope you will take the time to know what you're planning on buying before you buy it.


Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments