Serta Mattress Causing Low Back, Shoulder, and Neck Pain.

Jonathan writes;

Hi P. 
I recently bought A Serta mattress. I am experiencing a lot of Low Back, Shoulder, and Neck Pain.
I recently discovered that it was the mattress causing all this pain..
Because, when I went out of town....No Pain!!
When I returned, the pain also returned. 
Can I purchase a mattress topper for this bed? 
Do you think it will ease my pain, or do I need a new mattress?
I am 50 years old and average size.
What do you recommend?
Thanks, Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,
My paternal grandfather, after whom I was named, died when I was 12...in 1965. 
It was the last time I heard my grandmother call him, "P", which she always did.
It's funny that you should refer to me as that....more than a half century later.
Thank you for the flashback and the flood of wonderful memories that came with it.
My grandparents were Italian immigrants. 
When it came to making a purchase of any durable goods, of which a mattress would be one, Grandpop's favorite saying was, "Solo Il Meglio".
Translated from Italian, that means, "Only The Best".

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but Serta products are very far from that.
I've been in this business for more than 40 years. 
Sertas, in general, are poorly constructed mattresses...have been since the mid 1980s.

However, the question of adding a latex topper or starting over, depends on your particular mattress and what it is causing all of your pain.
Since the mattress is reasonably new, it's quite possible that the reason is that it's simply too firm.
A hard mattress can cause a lot of pain...and, an EverEden All Natural 2" Soft Talalay Latex Topper will, indeed, make the mattress comfortable and ease the pressure points that are causing the pain.
You can order that through this link:


themattressexpert.com
Talalay Latex toppers are normally purchased as “Soft” for the purpose of softening a too firm mattress. However, both, the Vytex Dunlop & Talalay Latex Mattress ...
However, since it's a Serta mattress, your pain could easily be caused by the lack of good support.
Back pain is nothing to fool around with. Doing nothing will only make matters worse.
Let me know where you stand on that. We'll fix you up with a better mattress if you need one.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments