Simmons Beautyrest Black Evie Mattress is too firm and sleeps hot

Kristin writes:

Hi Pete,
I stumbled across your website.  I hate my Simmons Beautyrest Black Evie Firm which I’ve owned only 1 year. I either need to get a correct topper or purchase a new mattress. 
I’m a side sleeper, 5’2”, 125lbs
Complaint #1:  It sleeps hot  (can’t find a solution for this!)
Complaint #2:  It’s too hard   (partially solved this problem with a mattress pad)
My boyfriend has a 2010 Sterns and Fosters Camdenhurst.  I will say, it is amazing. I sleep VERY hot and that mattress definitely keeps me cool.  It’s very soft which I love.  
I am looking for basically the same mattress but I know the history of S&F prevents that from being a possibility. 
To make the bed softer, I tried adding a 2” organic latex topper that I found on amazon, I hated the way I felt ‘stuck’ in it so I returned it.  
I then added one of those “Marriott mattress pads” and it’s doable. Not ideal, but doable.
I still haven’t solved the ‘sleeping hot’ problem.
Any recommendations?
Best Regards, Kristin


 
Hi Kristin,
Amazon is selling a cheap knock off.
The one we carry is the real thing...100% all natural US made Talalay Latex. It's what we use at home and it gets nothing but rave reviews.
Shown here:
https://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

themattressexpert.com
Talalay Latex toppers are normally purchased as “Soft” for the purpose of softening a too firm mattress. However, both, the Vytex Dunlop & Talalay Latex Mattress ...
A Black Beautyrest is very strong and something we recommend for someone much larger than you.
At your size, it'll take a very long time for that mattress to break in.
It's the memory foam in your mattress that sleeps hot. Your boyfriend's Camdenhurst doesn't have memory foam in it.
Now that Tempurpedic owns S&F, there isn't a mattress in that line without memory foam.
The all natural latex toppers from EverEden will transform your mattress into one that is comfortable and sleeps cool.
The latex topper will insulate you from the memory foam in the mattress.
Generally, the EverEden 2" soft All Natural Talalay Latex Topper is all you need.
The only time the 3" works is for women your size. So, if you feel the need for a lot of extra softness, then opt for the 3"

Note: Our shopping cart is not working properly and won't be fixed until the end of the week.
If you wish to place an order for that, you will need to call me with the order...for the time being.
1-856-874-6894 

Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments