Which latex topper do I need for a too firm Simmons Beautyrest Mattress?

Helen writes:

Hi Pete,
I am learning about your latex toppers and agree with your writings about the issues with memory foam. 

Fortunately, I never invested in memory foam, but I do need to add a latex topper to my Simmons Beautyrest mattress that is firm. 
I have neck and back muscular aches, and sometimes knee joint aches. 
I understand that a firm mattress with a softer topper is the best combo for this, but is soft or medium best in my case? I weigh 140 lbs.  
I also am a little allergy prone. I should also add I am 60 years old and fall asleep on my back, but ultimately sleep on my side.Thanks, Helen

Hi Helen
It's the "soft talalay" latex provides the greatest degree of comfort.


Latex is extremely resilient, so the "soft" is not too soft...providing a zero gravity feel.
It excellent comfort in any sleeping position.
I recommend that you opt for the 2" for your size.
Here is a link to the Ever-Eden toppers...2" soft talalay is what you want.


UPS delivery is free, and there's no sales tax.




Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments