Natura Greenspring mattress for scoliosis, bulging & degenerated disc, problems with my right sacroiliac joint,and upper back pain.

Judy writes:

Hello Pete,
I've read with interest your advice on your web page.  I was wondering if you could please give me some more advice.  My husband and I are looking for a new king mattress set.  

I have scoliosis, an old bulging degenerated disc, problems with my right sacroiliac joint, and upper back pain.  I can't seem to sleep on my left side when my husband is in the bed.  
The scoliosis is accentuated when I'm on my left side and I have pain unless I'm in the bed alone.  If I spend most of the night on my right side, my right s-i joint starts to ache.  
I can't seem to stay on my back very long. Can you recommend a bed for us?  
I think I'm interested in an individually wrapped pocketed coil system, as I get bounced around when my husband turns over on our current mattress.  
We were leaning toward a Stearns & Foster Pillowtop set, that we saw locally, but I was worried about the pillowtop flattening out and then read what you had to say about pillowtops.  
Do you recommend a low profile box springs or the standard size?  Is there any difference in support or quality?  
Is there any other mattress you would recommend with my back problems?  I also probably have some arthritis on my right side. 
Thank you so much for your advice! Judy

Hi Judy,
Stearns & Foster is now owned by Tempurpedic and there is lots of memory foam in all their mattresses.
Neither memory foam, nor pillowtops wear well...causing the mattress to lose it's initial comfort within months of purchase.
Also, the pocketed coil system in the S&F do not permit the coils to move independently from one another....as they do in other brands.
The coils are not pre-compressed, the pocketed are sealed at the top and bottom, which prevents the independent movement you're looking for.
We carry a brand called, Natura, a Canadian company. Their Greenspring line uses a pre-compressed barrel shaped coil and the pockets are heat sealed in the center.
In these, the coil do move independently, which does a much better job of maintaining your spine's natural alignment and and a better job of reducing motion transfer.
And, these mattresses are upholstered with all natural Talalay Latex...and contain zero memory foam.
Latex is and has been thee very best upholstery material for the last 100 years. While memory foam has proven itself to be the worst material ever invented for this purpose,
over the 20 years it's been available. Latex sleeps cool, while memory foam sleeps hot.
You don't mention the sizes of the two of you.
If light to avarage weight, go with the "Plush" model. If heavy, go with the "Firm"...or perhaps, the "Firm Eurotop".
Given your condition, stay away from the "Ultra Plush" or the "Plush Eurotop"
Here is the link to those mattresses. Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments