Sealy sweet sleeper, still found in some Mexico Sheraton.

Betsy writes:

Hello Peter, 
I wonder if you can help me. 
With enough specific info, I am sure that a manufacturer near me, The Croydon Mattress Factory, in the Philly suburbs, could make the same double sided pillow top mattress still found at the Sheraton Buganvilias in Puerto Vallarta, Mex. 
There it's called the Sweet Sleeper, and its style and feel haven't changed in at least 15 years, though they have replaced them, of course. I chatted with the Sheraton At Home "concierge" phone consultant, who suggested that the resort contracts them in Mexico. 
It's not likely that I can get one delivered to NJ. 
As I said it's a double sided pillow top. The pillow top part is knife edge, detached for about the first 2 inches. It's very firm but with some give in the pillow top. It is not hugely thick, perhaps 13 inches. 
By this time we have slept in probably 2 dozen different rooms there, which could be 3 to 4 dozen units there and only once did we detect a substantial need for replacement. Ie, they do last. 
Can you help ? Besides my Croydon idea, I'd be thrilled to just purchase one from a Sealy dealer. 
Thank you, Betsy


Hi Betsy,
Sealy, here in the US at least, is now owned by Tempurpedic. 
Not only, do they not make a double sided mattress, the quality of today's one sided Posturepedics in no way compares to the quality of the double sided Posturepedics made 15 years ago.
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that you can buy one in Mexico.
Note: When buying a mattress through a hotel, here in the states, you are likely to pay 2x or so, more, than at retail, for the same mattress.
These are not expensively made beds, even though they last so long.
I wouldn't expect a Croydon Mattress mockup to cost you a whole lot.
Thanks, Pete
Hi, Pete, 
Do you have the specs for the ones made in the USA back in the day ? 
Croydon needs a lot more detail than I can guess at. :(
Thank you, Betsy

Hi Betsy,
No. But if you send me their specs, I'll be happy to take a look and tell you what I see.
Also, you might check with your source in Mexico. They may be willing to give you the specs of their mattress.


Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments