Simmons Beautyrest mattress and a 2 inch Latex topper.

Carolyn writes:

Hello Peter!  I came across your blog and have learned so much. I want to buy a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and a 2 inch Latex topper now, but don't know which one is best for 270 lb, 6 foot tall person with cervical disc degeneration causing Sciatica. Thank you for your recommendation. Carolyn


Hi Carolyn,
For that size, I'd recommend the Simmons Beautyrest Black Alexia.
The topper to go with that, would be the Ever-Eden 3" soft Vytex Dunlop.
Here are links to both products for your review.



themattressexpert.com
Simmons Beautyrest Black Alexia Extra Firm PRODUCT & PRICING SPECIFICATIONS ...


themattressexpert.com
These toppers are finished like a mattress, in a taped edged cotton/polyester knit cover.Talalay Latex is a more supple material and is Hypo-Allergenic
********************************

Pete, Thank you so much for the quick reply!  What I'm worried about is this person loves a soft feel and is so skin surface sensitive from aging, arthritis, etc., that side sleeping will be impossible.  I'm replacing a Simmons pillow top I bought for her 4 years ago and I understand after reading your blog why, that it simply wasn't designed for the weight of the person on it and memory foam is a disaster, and I should have bought a latex topper, etc., but I'm more worried that I will hear more complaints with a new mattress than the old one I would be replacing.  Is the Ava Luxury Firm that much worse of a purchase choice?  I'm probably overthinking this but appreciate your guidance so much. Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,
You're talking about a trade-off.
Going with the Ava will certainly make the bed more comfortable...but also less durable.
You'll get more years from the Alexia and fewer from the Ava.
I recommended the Alexia for durability reasons.
But, if the sensitivity is such that you need to trade a couple of years of use for comfort, then so be it. The Ava is your best trade-off for that.

Thanks, Pete

Important Note:
Moisture will cause mattresses to wear out faster.
Protect your mattress from accidents, spills & perspiration with our all natural silver infused cotton waterproof mattress & pillow protectors. They sleep cool and won't shrink when washed in hot water.


Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments