Neurological Lyme Disease, Serta Mattress & Memory Foam Topper is not working.

Amber writes:

Hi Pete,
I've read, for a couple days now, the q&a section on the mattress expert site.
I Couldn't find my particular predicament.
I found your site when looking for best beds for fibromyalgia.
Though I have Neurological Lyme Disease. Not fibromyalgia. I've similar nerve pain especially along length of my spine up to my head.
The difference in my needs VS those I saw on the blog are that I am 5'10", currently 145lbs but I run range Btwn 130 and 150lbs.

The posts I saw were 200 lbs+ or with partner, etc.
It's just me at 145 lbs in desperate need of a mattress that does not cause pain. One that would be comfortable even rejuvenating would be amazing.
I spend a lot of time in bed, sometimes days at a time.
I am a bit bone-y and get sore spots on my hips, outsides of feet and shoulders.
Sleeping on my back is too painful rt now.
I understood your explanation of a supportive base with a more cushioned topper.
What would you suggest for me to be comfortable enough to fall asleep yet solid enough to support my back?
Soft enough not to bruise my hips, even fill in the contour from my hips to waist as a side sleeper?
In the past, the gap Btwn the bed and my waist has caused pain.
I've of course tried memory foam toppers with 5" feather beds atop a newer Serta Perfect. No go.

I can only sleep one way now.
As my current mattress is worn out, dipping in the middle, I am relegated to the 2ft edge of the bed. Where I line up one pillow lengthwise that goes from bottom of my hips and bum almost to my shoulders. At the top end of 1st pillow I place horizontally another pillow on which lay my shoulders. This makes an upside down L shape facing middle of bed. I need yet a 3rd pillow to support my head and neck. This is the loftiest pillow, overlapping the shoulder pillow and angled down about 30 degrees.
It's exhausting to get all these positioned correctly. But when I do, it's aaaahhh.
I can't keep this up nor can I afford to buy the wrong mattress.
Please, any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Desperate
Amber 




Hi Amber,
Your problem is a common one, these days....getting the right support and comfort from products that are purposefully designed to lose their support & comfort quickly, so that you are buying frequently.
We will help you address your issues with products that work, work well, and will last a good long time.
Feather toppers flatten out easily and need continual fluffing. But, eventually, even that doesn't work. Memory foam and Serta are two of the worst choices you could have made.
So, you see, there's nowhere to go but up from where you are now.
The right, high quality products will make a huge difference from what you are experiencing now.
First, the support. Let's start with an individually pocketed coil unit, which provides contouring support.
This contouring support will give better at the hip and shoulder and fill in easily at the waist.
We carry 2 brands that are also upholstered with all natural latex.
One is from the Wolf Company...specifically,  the Adara model. This will be the best for the least amount of money. A great deal of the savings is due to a FedEx delivery, which requires you to bring it in and set it up.
Here are links to that mattress and a video showcasing the delivery/set-up process.



Wolf Mattresses | The Mattress Expert
Wolf Corporation has been Creating Sweet Dreams Since 1873! Wolf Corporation is the oldest mattress manufacturer in the United States under continuous family ownership.
If the set-up process is too much for you, and you require a white glove delivery, where the mattress is brought in and set-up for you, The Natura Greenspring line is your best choice.
Shown here:


Natura Greenspring Pocketed Coil Mattresses | The Mattress ...
Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...
Of these Natura models, the choice of ultra plush makes the most sense.

Keep in mind that these mattresses can be made to have a softer sleeping surface by adding a soft latex topper.
You are less likely to need a topper with the ultra plush Greenspring, as it already has a softer sleeping surface than the Wolf Adara.
If a latex topper is needed, I would suggest that you go with the 3" Soft Talalay, which will provide the greatest degree of surface softness.
Latex is nothing like memory foam. You won't sink thru it.
Zero Gravity" is the best way to describe the feel it produces....and, it will last for many years.
Here is a link to the latex toppers.





Thanks, Pete

An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments