Plush Pillowtop Mattress & Waterproof Protector Sleeping Hot.

Katie writes:

Hello Pete,
I just purchased a new mattress because I switched from a full sized bed to a queen. My previous mattress was like sleeping on a board, and I have low back pain, as well as neck pain so the lack of give was terrible for me. I sleep on my side and am almost 125 lbs. The new mattress I purchased is the Simmons Beauty Rest Kate Plush pillowtop mattress, and it was on the higher end of my budget. The man told me it was the best they had for innerspring, I believe. The problem is, I've had it for a a couple of nights now, and I've been getting too hot, though the salesman assured me I wouldn't. It's not hot outside, only about 60 degrees here at night, and in addition to the fact that I sleep in a pretty chilly room (I was just using an electric blanket last week), I'm worried.
I've been using the allergen shielding/waterproof (but supposedly breathable) mattress cover the salesman suggested, so I can take the mattress back and pick another within 60 days. Though I'm not sure what I would pick if I switched and whether I should switch. I've read that people have tried wool blankets over the mattress to regulate the heat, and it can work. However, regardless of the heat problem, some of the research I came up with said that pillow tops weren't a good idea for multiple reasons. The man assured me that this pillow top should last me about 10 years but now I'm having doubts. What light can you shed on my problem with heat and concern over my pillow top's longevity and quality? I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
Sincerely, Katie

Hi Katie,
Bad choices all around. First off, a Simmons Beautyrest Black Series model is a lot more mattress than a 125 pounder needs. You would have been better with a World Class at about $1000 less. Secondly, the Beautyrest plush & pillowtop models, lose their shape much too quickly. And lastly, the memory foam in the mattress, the pillowtop and that waterproof mattress protector, all work to reflect your body heat back to you...making for an uncomfortably hot sleeping experience.
Salespeople will say anything to make a sale. So, keep that in mind. They aren't concerned with you or your needs...just in making the sale...any sale.
Exchange the mattress while you can. Opt for a lower cost World Class in a luxury firm...and without a pillowtop. Return that mattress protector also.
To the new mattress, add a 2" soft Talalay latex mattress topper. This will replace the pillowtop, insulate you from the memory foam in the mattress and keep its shape for many years. Latex sleeps cool, naturally. Also, use a waterproof mattress protector that does not sleep hot....that is silver infused all natural cotton. Here are links to both, the latex toppers and the cool sleeping mattress protectors.
http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-protectors/


Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments