Plus Size Person, Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava Luxury Firm & Latex Mattress Topper.

Susan writes:

Hi Pete,
I am interested in your opinion about this Serta mattress, the Serta Signature Suite Plush 2 sided flip mattress that is sold thru Serta's hospitality line. The Marriott uses these beds in some of their rooms and I slept on one last night. It's pretty firm (too hard for my hips) but my spine felt straight. I like that its a flip mattress and feels more along the lines of the old style mattresses. 
I am trying to decide between this one (which would probably need a latex topper), the Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava Luxury Firm. I was able to lay on this mattress and really liked it but I wonder if it will become too soft over time. 
I am a plus size female, 55, 5"10, and around 240 lbs. I like my spine straight when I sleep but if its too hard will have shoulder and hip pain. What do you know about this Serta mattress that some hotels use and what do you recommend?
Thanks, Susan

Hi Susan,
You may be asking the wrong person. I do not have an unbiased view of Serta. In all the years I've been doing this, all I've seen from Serta is a third rate product...30 years ago and today.
I hear nothing but complaints from their high end iSeries and iComfort lines. Their 2 sided flippable mattresses are low end models. Most hotels will use a topper of some sort to extend the life of an otherwise, short lived product.
A latex topper will will be of supreme importance to you. Today's mattresses don't hold up well under people of average size. 
The Simmons Beautyrest Black Ava in luxury firm, with 2" of soft latex mattress topper will give you support and comfort that is outstanding...and the durability to hold a large person for many years.
Here are the links. Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.
http://themattressexpert.com/our-brands/simmons/beautyrest-black/

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/


An Important Note: 
Any kind of moisture, be it from spills, accidents or perspiration causes a mattress to wear prematurely.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and won't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments