Fibromyalgia, back, shoulder & neck pain, sciatica. Which mattress?

Cindy writes:

Hello,
Can you help me select a mattress?   I gotten lost amid all the choices out there and I don’t want to make a mistake again.  Two years ago, I bought a Simmons Beautyrest TrueEnergy mattress that had a 10 year warranty, but it started to bother me.  The store gave me the “song and dance” that I could get a $1300 credit if the sag was significant enough (which it isn’t).  Just a scam.
I need a queen size.  I have fibromyalgia, back pain, sciatic pain, shoulder pain, neck pain and use a c-pap machine.  My husband has occasional back and shoulder pain.  
We both are over 200 lbs, but under 250.  I toss and turn all night, rarely having an “all night” deep sleep.
I would love to try the latex mattress, but of course, we can’t get carried away here money-wise.  
I was thinking of a “long-lasting” good quality mattress and then get the latex topper and pillow.
We live in south central North Dakota, and have numerous mattress stores which we have visited.  
We actually picked out one we liked...a Tempur-pedic Tempur-Flex Supreme.  I was dismayed to discover that you did not recommend that brand at all.  
Goes to show that we definitely need assistance here......
What do you think?   Thanks!!
Cindy



Hi Cindy,
A mattress is a pressure sensitive product and it needs to be strong enough to handle the pressure you place upon it. 
A TruEnergy model is not strong enough to hold people of your sizes.
The independent movement of the Simmons Beautyrest coils is, however, an important feature, which provides contouring support.
The Simmons Beautyrest Black models, use a triple strand wire in every other row of coils...a much stronger coil unit than what the TruEnergy has.
You will also need a latex topper to soften the surface of a Beautyrest Black.
The latex will provide greater surface comfort for your fibro and insulate you from the memory foam inside the mattress.
My wife and I are similar in size to the two of you, had used a Simmons Black model with a latex topper for 4 years.
At the end of that time, the mattress was, still, in like new condition.
The Black model I'm recommending is the Ava in luxury firm.
Use with that, a 2" soft Talalay latex mattress topper.
Here are links to both products.


http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/



Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments