Back, Hip Shoulder & Neck Pain. Arthritis & Fibromyalgia...Pure Latex Bliss Beautiful Mattress.

Catherine writes:

I will be 85 years old in 3 months I am about 5ft 3 and weight varies from 95 to 104 lbs. I researched mattresses for over 2 months to try and find one that would let me get a good night's sleep.  For some reason I didn't find your site until today.  Two weeks ago I purchased a Pure Latex Beauitful  Mattress with a 120 day exchange if it doesn't help me.  I thought it was the right one after trying it and many other mattresses in the store.  I am able to get more than the 3 to 4 hours I was getting with my old mattress but when I wake up I can hardly get out of bed due to the pain.  Besides my back now my neck and shoulders are hurting so bad, maybe just a coincidence or something I did..   
Some time ago I had been diagnosed with  broad-based disc bulges and facet disease throughout the lumbar spine leading to varying degrees of stenosis from, L3-4 all the way through L5-S1 and arthritis .  Cervical  Narrowing Discs at C-5 & 6 and arthritis.  Many years ago I had radical neck surgery due to cancer. I also have arthritis in both hips. And Fibromyalgia   
I wear a pain patch around the clock and I have to take a pain pill also when I get up now.  I don't know if I just have to wait longer to see if my body will get used to the change or if I need a softer top layer.  The latex mattress I have (the 6" bottom layer has the density of 36 ILD stamped on it, the 3" middle layer is stamped with a 24 ILD and the 3" top layer is stamped with a 15 ILD density.
I'm not expecting miracles from a mattress but for the high cost I do expect a better night's sleep and less pain in the morning than what I was getting from my 22 yr old Restronic Mattress set up.  Several years ago I did add a 3" topper to my old bed it helped some for awhile. 
Sorry for such a long email.  But I want to know if you think this one will be ok or would the World's Best be better with the 2" Middle layer and the 4" top layer.  I really can't afford to spend any more money but I need help.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Catherine


Hi Catherine,
You're assuming that the mattress is painful for you because it isn't soft enough.
My 1st impression is that your discomfort is due to it being too soft.
And while you will need a soft surface for your arthritis and fibro, too great of a depth of softness will throw off the alignment of your spine, which causes back pain.
Another important factor to consider is what you had been used to...that, in relation to your age.
After having spent 22 years on your Restonic, which had to have been a firm innerspring, you are now on a soft latex mattress.
Your body got used to the slow wear of the Restonic...day by day and year by year.
Now, your body has to deal with a sudden and dramatic change in support and surface comfort.
At 35 years of age, this is usually no big deal and is easily adjusted to within a week's time....with only minor aches and pains during the adjustment period.
At 85 years of age, the physical laws that apply, are not at all the same.
It takes an 85 year old body a whole lot longer to adapt...if it can be done at all.
For this reason, we try to avoid any dramatic changes in support when recommending a mattress for someone of your years.
I believe you will need to change your mattress...not for the softer World's Best, but for a firmer model...perhaps the Nutrition or even the Nature model.
A retailer who carries PureBliss, should also have their Latex Toppers at the store.
Have them put one of those toppers on the Nutrition and Nature models for you to try.
These models with the soft latex topper, should get you to where you need to be....providing the firm support your body had been used to all those years, which should eliminate your back pain...and provide a nice soft sleeping surface that will ease the pain of your arthritis and fibro.
Try these beds with the topper for, at least, 1/2 hour each.
Then listen to what your body is telling you.


Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments