Stearns & Foster sagging in less than 2 months. Natura All Natural Latex Mattress.

Nicole writes:

Hello, 
I am in desperate need of advice, I have been sleeping on a soft side water bed with the water tubes for about 15 years and I loved it as I could adjust it to make it as firm as I needed but it was a chore every time I needed to add water an remove it so I let it go when I moved an took on what seemed like the impossible task of finding a replacement.
I selected the Stearns & Foster tight top mattress from Macy's. It felt ok initially but it seems as if the mattress is sinking already and I've not had it for 60 days yet, the sides seem fine but the center sinking and I cannot stand it. I also don't care for the indentations on the mattress which is part of the design. It just doesn't seem it be as firm as I need it and if its sinking in less than 2 months I cannot imagine how it will be in 2 years! So, it's going back. It's scary to think that after spending over $2000 I can be so dissatisfied.
Can you make any suggestions as to what will work for me? It doesn't have to be from the same line I am totally open.
I am 5'7" I weigh 190, I do suffer from low back pain and I alternate from sleeping on my stomach and my back.                                                                                                               I don't want to run back to a water mattress but I'm nervous about my next selection.
Thanks for your help. Nicole 

Hi Nicole,
15 years ago, you didn't have to deal with a mattress that had memory foam in it. Today, it's hard to avoid. The industry, the name brands in particular, have all gone down hill in quality, due to the addition of memory foam in all of their mattresses. Not only is memory foam a lousy product in terms of performance, it also presents a health hazard, as it off gasses the toxic chemicals from which it's made...formaldehyde and benzene, just to name a couple of the 61 chemicals used in its make up.
The thing to avoid, is memory foam.
In contrast, Latex foam is all natural and has been thee best upholstery material since the 1920s. As it was then, so it is now, "The Best You Can Buy".
And, like your waterbed, it provides firm, contouring support. Unlike memory foam, which is shot within months, latex lasts for decades.
The human body requires firm support for the spine, and a soft sleeping surface to relieve pressure points and relax muscles. This combination produces the best night's sleep.
For the quality of latex, I'd have you look at the Natura line of all natural latex mattresses.
For most, the Bourdolay in Plush is the best choice. For heavier people, the Bourdolay in Firm is a better option. To that, you can add a soft latex topper for surface comfort that won't negate the underlying firm support. My wife and I just ordered the Bourdolay Firm, with which we will use our soft latex topper.
Latex mattresses are more expensive to buy, but far less expensive to use because it lasts so much longer than anything else.
These mattresses come with Free, White Glove Delivery anywhere within the continental US and Canada...and, there's no sales tax.
Here is the link to that line




Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments