Latex Topper to help make an old mattress comfortable.

Anna writes:

Hi Peter,
I hope you're doing well!  I am still immensely enjoying the Beautyrest that I got from you a couple of years ago and recommend everyone to your site. I have a problem and I am hoping you can offer some advice.
My boyfriend's family has an adorable little house in Cape May, NJ where we often go for the weekend.  The house originally belonged to his grandparents, and I think the mattress in the master bedroom is actually still the same mattress that belonged to his grandparents. They died over 10 years ago, so who knows how long they had the mattress before that. It is a torture device. Every time we go down there my holiday is ruined by awful sleep. You can't even kneel on it because the springs will kill your knees. 
Now, I am not married to this guy, so I am not going to start buying mattresses for people, but I was thinking about maybe getting a topper for it?  My question is, how much benefit can you get out of a topper that is on top of an atrocious mattress?  And if the mattress is mush, how firm should the topper be? 
Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!
Anna


Hi Anna, 
I am well, thank you, and hope you are too.
I'm delighted to know that you are still enjoying your mattress.

From the sounds of it, the topper will also need to provide support, as well as comfort.
The Dunlop Topper is what I would suggest for this.
It isn't as soft as the soft talalay, but will add a good degree of comfort to what you have...as well as improving the support.
Here is the link to those. 2" of Dunlop latex should do nicely.



Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments