Latex Mattress & Pillow Recommendation for an old Sealy SpringFree Beachside.

William writes:

Hello Pete,
I bought a Sealy SpringFree Beachside Latex Mattress and adjustable bed around 2005-2007. You recommended slight elevation for sleeping. I’ve followed that advice over the years. It is still holding up but my back has deteriorated more due to arthritis (L2 & L3). The bed now causes me hip pain at times. I’m 66 yrs. old, 225 lbs. , 6’ 3”. Recent read on blog seems to suggest getting a 2” latex topper to help soften the surface. Is my read correct or do you have another suggestion. Do I have another 8-10 yrs. of life remaining in my current bed or does it need to be replaced in the near future? What is the replacement for my bed now? My Natura latex contoured pillows are getting a little spongy. What’s a good replacement for them? Your input is appreciated.
Thanks, William


Hi William,
Yes. The 2" soft Talalay latex topper is the one to get.
Try it on top of the mattress, but also try it on the firmer underside by flipping the mattress.
The underside is firmer and often feels better by providing firmer support.
Here is a link to the latex toppers.
Latex Foam Mattress Topper
Latex Foam Mattress Topper


Our PureBliss all natural latex pillows are terrific. The latex/down model is especially good if you are experiencing severe neck pain.

 Pure LatexBLISS Latex/Down Pillow
 Pure LatexBLISS Latex/Down Pillow

Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.
Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector
Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments