Two Sided Medi-Coil Mattress on an Amish Bed.

Karina writes:

Hi Pete,
Our new bed will soon arrive, so now we are looking for mattresses ... the bed is a solid wood bed (amish) and the box spring will sit approx 9 1/2 inches off the floor .... I am 5'8" so I am a bit concerned how high up the top of the bed will be, due to limited mobility ... I see the page says that the medi coil is approx 11 inches ... if bought as a set and added the 2 x 1.5 toppers you recommend, how high up will the top of the bed be?
I can move, I am not bed-bound or anything but I don't have the upper body strength to pull myself up on to the bed. I am as I said 5'8" and close to 300 pounds, he is 6'3" and 200 pounds ... he can sleep most anywhere although he prefers beds on the firmer side .... I have a hard time sleeping and wake up multiple times each night and have aches when getting up ... in my hip/side (I sleep on my side mostly) my lower back and my neck.
Is the Medi-coil the best option for us?
Thank you, Karina    

Hi Karina,
A standard bed frame sits about 7" high. Your bed is already higher.
Your bed will have some sort of slat system, upon which you will add:
1) The boxspring, (lo-profile) at 5.5"...making your total height approx. 29"...including the toppers
2) A Bunk Board or plywood, in lieu of the boxspring...making your total height approx. 24.5"
If you are looking for strength, durability and long lasting comfort, then the Medi-Coil with the latex topper is the best available.






Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.
Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector
Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments

  1. I've been having this same problem, and living down south the humid heat at night can really make sleeping uncomfortable when it gets too hot. I've never thought of using a mattress protector before but I'll have to look into getting one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment