Therapedic Medi-Coil 2 sided flippable mattress?

Cynthia writes:

Hi Peter,
Thank you for responding. A couple more questions. I kept seeing a Therapedic Medi-Coil 2 sided flippable mattress being recommended for heavy people, along with 2 types of latex toppers. Again, I weight 355 lbs.
Because I sleep on my side will this type of coil mattress be too firm even with the toppers? 
If you still recommend to latex mattress you referred to below, it will not sink or mold to my body like a memory foam, correct? The molding has resulted in a valley and I basically sleep on a slope and cannot move. My knees hurt so bad at night because I sleep on my side.
I am guessing a coil cannot be used with my adjustable bed so that is why you recommended the latex. I just want to make sure it does not break down as fast as the memory foam. I spent $2,000 on that mattress and it was junk within less than 6 months. I don't want to go through this again or do anymore damage to my knees.
If you still say the latex mattress than I only need to get the mattress correct because I have the adjustable bed? 
Also, because I am a side sleeper so do you recommend soft or medium?
Should the Talalay topper be glued or unglued?
Thanks for your time. I am just so nervous about investing in another mattress that may cause me harm so I really appreciate you answering my questions.
Cynthia



Hi Cynthia,
Our Therapedic Medi-Coil mattresses are very strong and durable, and especially made for heavy weight. 
There is a trade off...comfort for durability, but the latex toppers help with that.
All a moot point, really, since the Medi-Coil mattress will not work with an adjustable bed base.
Latex is nothing like memory foam. They are the antithesis of one another. Latex is all natural and far more resilient. Latex does not sleep hot.
Latex does not react to your body heat. It will not soften as it warms, which is what created the hole you're sleeping in.
Latex is and has been the very best upholstery material available for the last 100 years.
Memory foam, over the 20 years it has been in existence, has proven itself to be the worst material ever invented for use in a mattress.
Besides being a lousy product, memory foam is also a health hazard...off gassing the toxic chemicals from which it's made.
You'll be well supported and comfortable with the 9" Ever-Eden latex mattress that I first recommended to you.
At your weight, I would prefer to order that mattress with 1.5" of soft latex under 1.5" of medium...totaling the 9".
This is one of the reasons why Ever-Eden is good choice. I can custom order the mattress to suit each customer's needs.




Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments