A mattress with no memory foam.

Priya writes:

Hi Pete,
I chanced upon your website when I was searching online for reviews from other people who had issues with memory foam. Unfortunately for me, I already made the wrong purchase. I read thru Consumer reports and they had recommended the i-series Applause for side sleepers. I went to a couple of stores and on President's Day weekend I bought the i-series pillowtop mattress (they didn't have the Applause model and said this was the equivalent). However, the first night I slept on it my shoulders, upper back and hip were hurting from my side sleeping position on the mattress. I tried couple more nights but coud not sleep thru the night because of the pain and I moved in to my son's bedroom. So I did a comfort exchange at Sleepy's after waiting 21 days and told them that I did not want memory foam in my next mattress. However, I was told that all spring mattresses had some form of memory foam in it and in fact it relieves pressure points. The salesperson showed me the Beautyrest World Class recharge and said that it was pre-compressed foam and not as much foam topping as others and I tried the plush mattress in the store twice for about 10-15 mins and i liked it. I didn't have much choice because I had to exchange it, they would not refund my money. The Beautyrest also caused similar shoulder and upper back pain for me and I felt like I am sinking in the mattress and could not turn easily from side to side. I haven't slept a complete night on that mattress and usually go and snuggle with my son on his Ikea spring mattress(which does not have any memory foam btw and I love it but my son will not trade his mattress with mine). So, now I am hoping to get some advice from you on whether I can find another spring mattress with no memory foam, that just uses polyurethane foam or latex? I am 5 feet 6 inches, about 135 pounds, side sleeper and very sensitive to memory foam as you can tell from my description above. Any recommendation or guidance that you can provide will be appreciated. 
Thank you, Priya 


Hi Priya,
Memory foam is worthless when it comes to relieving pressure points or providing long lasting comfort.
Consumer Reports is testing temperature sensitive mattresses with pressure sensitive equipment. They are not factoring the way memory foam reacts to body heat.
Hence, their conclusions are all wrong.
You could buy a mattress from us with no memory foam in it, but I believe you will be better served by simply adding a layer of soft latex to the top of what you have.
Latex is the best at doing what memory foam is the worst at doing...providing comfort and pressure point relief.
At your size, I would suggest the 3" topper.
Here are links to two that we carry. The PureBliss model comes beautifully finished.

Latex Foam Mattress Topper
Latex Foam Mattress Topper


Pure Latexbliss Latex Foam Mattress Topper
Pure Latexbliss Latex Foam Mattress Topper




Moisture from perspiration causes premature wear.
Protect your investment with high quality, Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protectors that sleep cool and don't shrink.
 Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector,
 Danican Waterproof Mattress and Pillow Protector


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments