Hip Pain, mattress is too firm. Soft Talalay Latex Topper.

Carlissa writes:

Hello Pete ~
I have just been reading through The Mattress Expert website after searching for "hip pain after buying a new mattress". Seems I am not the only one with this issue. Here is our story. Starting in October of last year, my husband moved to the couch due to back pain from our mattress. It was a firm latex mattress bought locally and made by Hawn Bedding Company. It was exactly 8 years old and he felt it was sagging too much. I was not having any issues at all and was sleeping comfortably on my side. I became sick with a stomach flu in November and was stuck in bed for 36 hours straight and was stiff and sore in the end, prompting me to think we should bite the bullet and buy a new mattress. I did some research and found a local seller of "not perfect" Sealy and Stearns and Fosters Mattresses that are made right here in Kansas City. We spent $1200 for a Stearns and Foster King firm pillowtop set including box springs. I thought this was a great deal! I started having extreme hip and knee pain within two weeks to the point where it has been almost debilitating. We have switched out the mattress four times (giving each new mattress a two week trial) trying a tempurpedic, memory foam topper and finally settling on a Stearns and Foster King Luxury Plush (don't know the name) firm, no pillow top only because I started to think I had a more serious problem than the bed. Or maybe, I just needed to "adjust" to the new mattress. It has been 8 weeks now with the final set. After a chiropractor and two medical doctors, back x-rays and an annual physical, I appear to be very healthy except the hip and knee (and sometimes shoulder pain) continues. It can be so painful that even prescription pain meds don't help. I am a female, 5' 5" and 120 lbs and a side sleeper. My husband is 6', 185 lbs and is now sleeping perfectly. 

When they hauled away the old mattress, it looked like a wet noodle - no firmness to it at all - and was difficult for the movers to get out of the house. And yet, I was so comfortable then compared to now. 
I am willing to replace the mattress if that is what I have to do to get rid of the pain, but I am so confused at this point, I am not sure what to do. 
Can you please offer some suggestions?
Many thanks, Carlissa


Hi Carlissa,
The difficulty you're encountering comes from mistakes on your part that were so unnecessary.
Everybody feels stiff and achy after 36 hours in any bed.
Latex mattresses are made of natural rubber. Even new, they are hard to handle...they never stand up on their own...they always look like a wet noodle. Pure, All-Natural Latex, made with no fillers or synthetics,  lasts a lot longer than 8 years.
"Not Perfect" is how your retailer describes his mattresses? They are factory returns. Most have been to someone's home and returned for defect. The factory cleans them up, re-bags them and sells them by the trailer load for pennies on the dollar to clearance centers and liquidators, who get as much as they can for them, depending on how good they look. $1200 is a lot of money for such a mattress.
Since your husband is finally sleeping well and all you need is a bit more softness. You'll be happy to know that you can do just that with a layer of latex, which will give you your old feel back....and without negating your husband's slumber.
Shown Here, 2" of soft US made 100% natural Talalay latex will make you more comfortable.
http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/
Latex Mattress Topper
Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments