Back Pain from our new Serta mattress.

Marcia writes:

Dear Pete,
mattress shopping


For the past ten years, I've been sleeping on a very soft and saggy mattress from Ikea (visibly sinking in every time I got into bed).
I just moved in with my boyfriend and we purchased a new and expensive mattress (Serta Tauranga, purchased from SOGO department store in Hong Kong). It's a medium-firm mattress which seemed perfect - firm enough to provide support, yet not too hard to be uncomfortable.
Sadly, it's been giving me lower back pain like I have never experienced before. I have read that there is often an adjustment period when getting used to a new mattress, so I've been trying to stick it out, but it's been about a month and a half now and the pain is still here.
I am wondering whether it is possible that I need a longer adjustment period than most people, just because I was sleeping on such a poor mattress for an extended period of time previously, or whether it is in fact the new mattress which is unsuitable?
Your insight would be much appreciated.
Best regards, Marcia


Hi Marcia,
The longest adjustment period for anyone is 2 weeks. 
Going from years on a soft saggy mattress to a firm one, is a lot for a body to get used to.
The older you are, the more painful it can be.
Personally, I find Serta to be a very poor choice. They tend to use a lot of memory foam, which is an absolutely worthless upholstery material.
Being temperature sensitive, memory foam loses its comfort and support once it softens from having absorbed the heat your body emits.
I have access to Serta, Tempurpedic and a host of other memory foam mattresses. I offer none of them on my website because they are bad for you.
If you can find one, a luxury firm Simmons Beautyrest is a much better choice.
An all natural latex mattress is your best choice.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments