Which Latex Mattress Topper, Dunlop or Talalay?

Jamie writes:

Hi Pete,
My name is Jamie. have a question for ya?
1. I'm 6ft, 210lbs my girlfriend is 5.6 125lbs and she stays with me on occasions.
I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back,. pending surgery.
I had purchased a Symbol queen memory foam mattress  (55%Visco foam, 45% Polyurethane foam) a couple months ago and was told it had medium density and would help my back? 
It is too soft a memory foam that sinks in with body-heat.  It barely relieves pressure points with no back support?
I turned the mattress over to the firmer bottom. It does seem a little firmer but still sinks-in a little after a while with two people.
I was thinking that I may possibly need a 2" Talalay Med firm-queen or a 2" Dunlop Med Firm-queen topper to help with my pressure points and back support?
Could you please advise if one in particular would be better than the other in my case?
Thank you, Jamie

Hi Jamie,
I find it to be no less than criminal, the way they sell memory foam and all their claims of benefit to bad backs...only to have the opposite to be true.
Your conclusions about the topper make sense.
The medium Talalay and the Dunlop are very close in feel.
If it were just you, I'd say the Dunlop will be better.
Your girlfriend will prefer the Talalay, being just a little softer and more supple than the Dunlop.
Herniated discs aren't anything to fool around with. The need of your back and the preference of a girlfriend are likely to create conflict in the mind....even in my mind.
And as much as I like to see everyone comfortable, your herniated discs must take center stage in this decision.
The 2" is the right size.

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments