Tempurpedic causing back pain. A Latex Foam Mattress Topper will help.‏

Maria writes:

Hi, I've read many comments by you about the value of talalay latex mattress toppers and I am considering getting one but I'd like to know if it will address my particular situation.  I have a couple of herniated discs that are pretty much under control but when I was diagnosed with them 5 yrs. ago, the Tempur-pedic Solutions bed which is supposedly designed for people with back problems.  Over the I feel like one shoulder and one hip (different sides, but I'm a side sleeper who goes from side to side to relieve stiffness) have become chronically sore.  I can just about pinpoint the start of the shoulder problems to when I got this bed.  To roll over I feel like I have to wake up and  "climb the mountain" from the valley I'm lying in.  From what I've read, a talalay topper should help the and soften the surface while still allowing me to address the discs.  Is that so?  From what I understand, the tempurpedic uses body heat to contour to your body  I am afraid if I put a 2" topper on  top of it, it will turn into a solid surface due to no body heat softening it,  and the topper will not be enough to counteract that, putting me back to square one.  Is my thinking correct?  If, in fact, the topper is the way to go, should I get the 2" or the 3" ? I am a  5'2" female whose weight currently is 150 but heading down to 130 (dr.'s program so it actually will happen!)  This is my bed alone so my body type is the only one that needs to be considered.  I saw your comments about a petite woman for whom  the 3 inch topper was wrong.  This investment needs to work for me so getting the exact right item is important  I appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks. Maria 


Hi Maria,
A soft Talalay latex foam mattress topper does the best job of relieving pressure points and relaxing muscles.
Two inches is all you'll need.
Despite what you think about memory foam, it's one of the worst materials ever invented for use as a mattress. The sinking from warming is the worst support you can choose for herniated discs. 
The underside of your mattress is firm poly foam.
My suggestion to you is to flip your mattress over before adding the 2" layer of soft latex.
You'll have what you want for your joints and better support for your back.

Latex Foam Topper

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments