Best mattress for me in Canada and on a budget.

Alice writes:

Hi Peter;
I am 61 years old with arthritis in all joints.
I am a side sleeper, sometimes on my back and yikes....on my stomach when I am not feeling well.
Can you please recommend a mattress type and brand that would support me but also cushion my joints.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. Alice

Hi Alice,
Tell me something about yourself...height & weight, what are you sleeping on now and what seems to be the problem with it, and all other physical ailments that you may have.
Also, do you have a budget for this purchase?
BTW, there's nothing wrong with sleeping on your stomach.

Hi Peter;
I am 5'4" and weigh close to 200 pounds. 
I was in a car accident in 2009 and had a swollen brain stem.  I wasn't even allowed physiotherapy until the swelling went down.  
It was almost a year before I was allowed to start exercising again.  By then I had already gained 15 pounds.  I have gained 10 pounds per year since then.  I was usually around 140 pounds give or take, before the accident.
I have arthritis in every joint, and every joint hurts 24/7.
My current mattress is a plush pillow top...Sealy Perfect Sleeper, Cassandra model.  It is 9 years old.
And yes, I am on a budget....around $1,000.
I live in Ontario, Canada...near St Catherines and Niagara Falls.
Thanks for the thumbs up for stomach sleeping.  LOL...Alice



Hi Alice,
Lovely Area...one of my favorite places to visit.
A plush pillowtop is out of the question in terms of holding up and getting your money's worth.
It is also a poor choice for a stomach sleeper.
This will require a two-pronged purchase. There is only one product that will provide long lasting comfort that won't lose its shape...and that is latex.
An all latex mattress is not in your budget, so you will add a 2" latex topper to the mattress you buy.
Here is the link to the latex toppers.
http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/latextopper/

The lesser expensive "Ultimate" model is the one to choose.
As you can see, even that isn't cheap, but it is a necessary component...and the highest quality product with the greatest long term value.
The latex topper will absorb much of your body weight, which will extend the life of the mattress you do buy.
In order to get you into a mattress that is durable, appropriate for a stomach sleeper and priced to stay within your budget, I suggest this Sealy model, which you can buy through Sears in Canada. It is one of the best made lower priced mattresses on the market.

Together, they will provide you years of comfortable sleep and good support.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments