Simmons Beautyrest mattress for a plus size woman.

Jessica writes:

Hi Pete -
I'm looking for a new mattress...and the one that caught my eye so far was the simmons recharge doublegate which I also believe is the Beautyrest Recharge Bainbridge.
I'm 34, very active and have an athletic to heavy build.  210 lbs and 5ft. 6in.  I normally sleep on my side, but can change to my back or stomach if I feel like it.  I like a firm mattress with a pillow top usually but would love to be able to flip and rotate the mattress to avoid the sag factor.  I like the idea of the cooling gel fill as well but want something with stability and springs that won't sag after a year or two.  I have some hip and back pain from time to time and knee issues from repeated sports injuries. 
Can you suggest a good bed for me?
Thanks, Jessica


Hi Jessica,
You are operating under some false assumptions. Perhaps it's the 20 year warranty that is throwing you off, or maybe it's a salesman's pitch that has you believing that a Classic Beautyrest will hold up to someone your size for any length of time.
The Classic Flatbrook model, which is the same as Macy's Bainbridge, is something we recommend for use in a spare room or as a child's bed.
For average size adults, our recommendation is for a World Class Beautyrest. and for people your size, the Simmons Beautyrest Black is where we go. My wife and I are both in the 220 pound range and we have a Black model at home.
Also, for the sake of long lasting comfort and added longevity to the mattress, we added a 2" layer of soft Talalay Latex foam....in lieu of a pillowtop...as pillowtops are the first part of the mattress to show and feel wear. Latex foam is, by far, more resilient than the foams used in pillowtops.
A mattress is an upholstered product. And as such, is a pressure sensitive item. The less you weigh, the longer it lasts...and visa versa.
Here are links to each section of the Beautyrest Line, a link to the latex mattress toppers, and a link to the complaint about pillowtops from our blog.
I am here for any follow-up questions you may have.









http://mattressexpert.typepad.com/the_mattress_expert/pillowtop/

As an alternative, let me also suggest a two-sided Flippable mattress that we carry with a plush feel. The Therapedic Cameo Plush will hold you just fine over the years and is very comfortable.
We had these mattresses made in response to many who wanted their old two-sided mattresses back. The Cameo plush is the softest of them, so the first one went to our daughter, also named Jessica. She is over 6' tall and in excess of 300 lbs. She has had that mattress for 5 years. She flips it regularly as I instructed her. The mattress is in like new condition...after 5 years under her weight. It's very high quality. It will out perform any name brand mattress on the market. Here's the link to that one.





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments