S&F vs Beautyrest Mattress

Debbie writes:

Hi Peter
I take it you are no longer a fan of Stearns & Foster beds and I see you are recommending Beautyrest Black. But I also read that you do not like memory foam (I don't either) but the Beautyrest has memory foam in their tight top. What's the story? We have S&F pillow top from about 8 years ago and need to replace and I want a tight top like you recommend. I am 5'6"/145 lbs and side sleeper and like a little softness and my husband is 6'2"/260 lbs and needs the firmer mattress . I have to admit that I need to have a firmer mattress than I think I should have but I just need some softness so my arms/legs don't fall asleep. My husband absolutely can't deal with anything that will make sleeping hot so I am worried about anything with foam or latex topper, as you recommend . What would be the best choice for King size? Both S&F and Beautyrest have memory foam in their tight tops (or cooling foam or whatever they call it). What do you think, Boss? We have Macys, Sears, and Rc Willey store here in Salt Lake. Your input is much needed.
Thank you for your time.  
Debbie 


Hi Debbie,
Your read a lot, but missed a few things.
For your edification, I will repeat.
S&F was purchased by Tempurpedic more than a year ago. The new S&F line, which was introduced in January, has lots of memory foam used in each model...as I suspected it would.
Prior, there were a number of models in their older line that had no memory foam. These, I had recommended often.
The mitigating factors, with Simmons, is that the memory foam they use is not as temperature sensitive and much more resilient. Also, the triple strand wire they use in the Black series, makes it the strongest coil currently on the market, of the one sided mattresses.
And while Simmons memory foam is better, it's still memory foam...which is why we recommend using a latex topper with it, as we do at home.
Regardless of your fears, latex does not sleep hot. It is the most resilient of all the foams, and made of all-natural rubber.
The latex topper makes the mattress" 1) more comfortable...2) provides comfort that lasts for years...3) extends the life of the mattress...4) sleeps cool.
Given your husband's size, the Simmons Beautyrest Black Alexia extra firm and a 2" soft talalay latex foam mattress topper, is what I would recommend for you....providing long lasting comfort and support. Here are the links. Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.

Simmons Beautyrest Black Mattress
Simmons Beautyrest Black

 
Latex Mattress Topper
Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments