Two-Sided Cameo vs. Sealy Posturepedic Pillowtop Mattress.

Melissa writes:

Hi there:
I just came from a local furniture store in Boston where I tried laying on a bunch of mattresses and one I like best was a Sealy Posturepedic Plush Euro Pillowtop. They quoted $995 mattress only. I like the softer mattress (side sleeper 5'3" 155lbs) and preferred the feel of this pillow top to the simmons they had me try. I want to do some price comparisons but see that they name it differently so can't find suitable online comparisons. Can you help? 
I also notice you're not a fan of Sealy's lately - is it that they wear out quicker? I'm super nervous to buy online not having tried a mattress. thanks for your help!


Hi Melissa,
You should be more concerned about buying at a store, where you can ignore the questions of support and premature wear and focus solely on comfort....pointing out that a new mattress will feel differently from the floor sample, and where you have no one to warn you about the premature wear of soft pillowtop mattresses.
Buying on line...that is to say, buying from me...you develop reasonable expectations as to what you need, and how to get what you like without the end result of needing a new mattress in a year or two...something that will absolutely happen, if you buy that mattress you saw in the store.
Perhaps the misfortune of other pillowtop buyers will help you see things more clearly.

If I may, I'd like to suggest to you a Therapedic mattress that uses the same coil system as the Posturepedics. It's an old fashion two-sided mattress that will out perform anything that Sealy has to offer. The model names is the Cameo Plush from their Keepsake Collection. It extremely well made, very comfortable and reasonably priced...and, it will out last that Posturepedic by quite a few years. Here's a link to that mattress.
Therapedic Keepsake Cameo Plush Mattress
Therapedic Keepsake Cameo Plush




Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments