Simmons Beautyrest Plush Pillowtop Mattress.

Makaw writes:

I am in serious need of a new mattress but feel like I was snookered on my last purchase and am now gun shy. 
2 years ago I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Plush Pillowtop from a local furniture store.  
I followed Consumers Reports and spent 20 minutes + with the mattress before I bought it.  
Within two weeks of purchase, it was clear that a depression was forming and I was already sleeping in a hole.   
I have since discovered several people who have had the same experience with this product.  
The warranty is impossible to exercise as it requires a measureable depression which is hidden by the pillow top.  
The pillow top isn't deforming -- the springs are not supporting.  
So now I have a bed that hurts my body, destroys my sleep and I have no confidence in ANY BUSINESS that sells this product as it is clearly defective.  
I can't take it any longer!  I'm looking for an affordable replacement.  I had my previous Sealy mattress for 18 years and it was better than my 2 year old Simmons.  
My concern is -perhaps all mattress are made badly now.   I also have no confidence in my ability to lay on a mattress to choose it.  I've already done that. 
I'm 5'10", 160 pounds, sleep on my side, like a firm mattress but have discovered my sore pressure points with this bad mattress.  
Any recommendation?  (Can I trust you even though you sell Simmons?)
Thanks, Makaw

Well Makaw, you wouldn't be asking me if you didn't, at least, hope so.
Most mattress companies offer a choice of comfort at every level. Most do this by changing the density of the padding from one model to another. 
Simmons is unique in that they do it, mostly, with a change in the gauge if wire. You'll notice that there are no "plush" Beautyrest models listed on my website.
They are always a problem, so I've eliminated them from the choices we offer. In staying with a "firm or luxury firm" model you won't experience what you have with yours.
A plush pillowtop is going to be using a 15.5 gauge wire coil, as opposed to the much heavier 13.5 gauge used in the firmer models.
Also, when the layers of padding are tightly attached to the edge of the mattress, it retains it's shape better. Pillowtops are one of the banes of this industry. 
Consumer Reports was, admittedly, befuddled by the complexities of the mattress industry. It offered very little in the way of sound conclusions. 
And it cerrtainly didn't give you the information you just now learned.
While testing the mattress has been the traditional way to shop, that's no help in determining what's really what.
You're absolutely right in being afraid.  18 years ago, the mattress industry wasn't the money hungry predatory machine that it has since become.
The trick is in doing some research, staying with what you know and using your head....in lieu of relying on the head of a salesman. 
These sharks are trained to be smooth and believable. Check the facts and the specs before you buy. A mattress is a blind item. 
Rely on yourself to understand what it looks like inside, and you will less likely fall victim again.
You are also correct in assuming that the quality today is not that of 18 years ago. It's not even close.
The coil system in the Sealy Posturepedic is that of an interlocked coil, which provides a somewhat rigid support. 
The Beautyrest, with the individually pocketed coils, provides a contouring support, which by most accounts, is more comfortable.
Regardless of what you were sold, you chose a soft pillowtop. A soft pillowtop from any brand is a problem sooner than later.
We are a nation of people herded by media advertising. It's that, which brought you to this point and it's that, which you should fear most.
Still, the human body requires surface comfort to sleep deeply and firm support for proper spinal alignment.
Our tried and true recommendation starts with a luxury firm World Class Beautyrest...the Annapolis Place...topped with a 2" soft Talalay Latex foam mattress topper.
The latex is the most comfortable and best wearing upholstery material available. Using a latex topper will also extend the life of the mattress you use with it.
This sleep system combination will provide you with exactly what you thought you were buying to begin with...a long lasting, supportive and comfortable mattress.
After all, it's a good night's sleep you're after. Buy the right stuff, and you'll get it. Buy what the mattress industry is selling and you'll get what you have...a worthless hunk of junk....an incredible waste of money and no relief for your aches and pains.
Here are the links to that mattress and latex foam toppers.


http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments