Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh Mattress

Hello,

Can you please tell me the differences in the gauge of coils in the three Ansleigh mattresses:  luxury firm, plush/firm, and plush?  Somewhere I read that there are thinner coils (or ½ thinner coils) in the plush, but all the specs I see say 14.75, the same as the plush/firm. What is the mix the two types of coils and the gauges used for each? We are replacing a 10 year old Baymont, which feels ok to my husband but I think has lost its “spring”.  I wonder if you know how it originally compared with these Ansleigh mattresses?
We have tried both the plush and plush/firm and agree that the plush is too soft, but he thinks the plush/firm is a bit soft also. Is the luxury firm Ansleigh significantly firmer (too firm)?  We have not found it to try locally yet.  My husband did like the feel of an older Elite model which apparently has a thicker, but different, coil than the plush/firm Ansleigh. I have lower back issues so I do need support.  
I noticed in one of your postings that you would not usually recommend a Simmons Black to a couple weighing 195 and 125.  Are they too heavy or too light? 
Thank you for your input,
Karen

Hi Karen,
The line changed in June, for the better...enough that I started recommending it...enough, that when my wife and I moved in October, we bought one for our use. With it, we use an all-natural 2" soft Talalay  latex mattress topper for that "yummy" feel, as my wife puts it.
The coil gauge difference is small between luxury firm and plush firm, so the difference in feel will also be small. The plush model uses the same gauge wire as the plush/firm, but softer padding. 
That difference will be more noticeable.
Only in the "plush" , do I hear any complaints about body impressions.
The triple strand wire coil is very strong and necessary for longevity once you top 200 pounds. And while not necessary for lighter people, you certainly can't go wrong if looking for a mattress that will last you a good long time.

Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh Luxury Firm Mattress
Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh Luxury Firm


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments