Two sided Therapedic Cameo mattress for durability.

Matt writes:

Hello Peter,
I spoke with you yesterday and was hoping for a little more info today.  My wife and I have been on a Sealy Posturpedic Landis Plush for 8 years.  I'm 6' 175 lbs and she's 5'6" 160 lbs. We're currently considering the following mattresses:

Annapolis Luxury Firm with 2" latex
Simmons Beautyrest Annapolis Place

Simmons Beautyrest Annapolis Place

Therapedic Cameo Plush
Therapedic Keepsake Cameo Plush 

Some Posturpedic Classic Plush

My main question is on durability.  Should I expect the Sealy and Beautyrest to last approximately 8 years?  I know you've only been selling the Cameo for about 5 years, but how long would you project that to last given our sizes and that we've had the Landis for 8 years (which has been a bit too long).  Because it's two sided would it last twice as long or does it not work that way?
Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt,
I used to be a Sealy dealer. What you bought couldn't have cost a lot, and you got 8 years. That's good value. In June of 2011, Sealy re-engineered their line...made it cheaper. Last year, they were bought by Tempurpedic. That's when I stopped selling them.

The materials used in the Annapolis Place are much higher grade than what Sealy uses. Still, by itself, you aren't likely to get more than 5 years...less from a Sealy.
It's the latex topper the adds longevity...doubling the life of these one sided mattress.

The Cameo two sided mattress is quite old, for the mattress industry. Mattress lines change every year or two. I don't believe in change for the sake of change...especially when you have a quality product.
The first Cameo plush mattress, went to my daughter 5 years ago. She has flipped and rotated it as I have instructed her. My wife and I slept on that mattress, last Christmas, when we visited her. It still looks and feels like new. Our daughter is 6'1" and weighs more than 300 pounds.
I wanted to test its durability with her.

For durability, it's the Cameo. 
Prior to mattresses being made one sided, they lasted between 10 to 20 years.
Going one sided was in an effort to sell you a mattress much more frequently than in the past.
Back then, they had a 10 year warranty...indicative of what you could expect, at the least.
Today, they have 20-25 year warranties...creating the illusion of quality that no longer exists.



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments