Stearns & Foster Hillary Mattress, sagging, causing backache.

Autumn writes:
Sagging Mattress

Hi Pete,
I have had this mattress less than a year. The edges of the mattress are higher than the middle. I wake up every morning with a lower backache (no previous back issues). I spent $1700 on this plush pillowtop mattress. I believe there is something wrong. It's sagging.   The furniture store will not return or exchange. I have a service person scheduled to evaluate in a few days. I am worried they will say the sagging is not deep enough and I am stuck with this horrible mattress. What can I do? I am average size/weight female. 
Thanks, Autumn

Hi Autumn,
The plush pillowtops sell easily, which is why there are so many of them on the showroom floor.
They also start to show wear right away. The body impression will need to be 1.5" deep, before you can get an exchange. If you do get an option to exchange, make sure you don't get another like it. A firmer mattress will serve you better. Use a latex mattress topper to soften a firm mattress. Together, they provide proper support and comfort that lasts...unlike your plush pillowtop. The mattress industry, as a whole, doesn't play fair with consumers. I suggest that you not play fair either. On the morning of your inspection, upon rising, place something heavy in the spot that is sagging. When the inspector comes to the door, remove the object before letting him in. This should insure that the depth of the sag is deep enough to get authorization to exchange. If you have one, a bowling ball works best.

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

Comments