Innerspring or Latex Mattress? Hip and Lower Back Pain.

Debbie writes:

Hi,
I've been reading your blog and reviews.  I am 58, have always had lower back pain, I wake up aching in the lower back and hips now and tired.  I don't like really soft beds but I need the back and neck support.  I weigh 188 pounds.  I was reading your blog reviews on the Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Annapolis Place Luxury Firm Pillowtop and then the Ever Eden (8 or 9".....not sure).  Can you give me some advice please.  I need to buy something soon.  Thank you.  Debbie

Hi Debbie,
An all latex mattress is, by far, a better product than a one sided innerspring mattress. 
We often recommend the Simmons Beautyrest World Class Annapolis Place in luxury firm, without the pillowtop, and a 2" soft Talalay Latex Topper to go with it.
The poly foams in the pillowtops wear very quickly. Using the latex topper instead, is a good way to get surface comfort that lasts.


The combination of an innerspring mattress with a latex topper is affordable to most people, where an all latex mattress is usually noticeably more expensive.
If you can afford and all latex mattress, it will remain more comfortable for a much longer period of time...making it extremely cost effective.
For instance. The mattress alone will last about 5 years...less if you get the pillowtop model. Add a 2" latex topper and you will get about 10 years. An all latex mattress will last about 20 years.
The 9" Ever-Eden is the most comfortable of them....the best choice for a side sleeper with hip pain. As a back or stomach sleeper, the 8" will do the job just fine.
Here are links to each of those items.


Latex Mattress Topper

http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/all-natural-latex/evereden-latex-models/


Evereden Latex Mattress
Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments

  1. I'm really desperate. I've purchased 3 beds in the past 7 years, all $1,000 or more. The first two were Queen size; then I switched to full size in the hope that it would not sink in the middle as readily. I don't think it was more than a week before it started to sink. I am heavy, averaging around 350, so I know this is probably the biggest part of the problem. I have really developed chronic lower back pain over the past couple of years. It is at its worst when I get up in the morning. Sometimes I dread going to bed because I know I'm going to be so uncomfortable. I'm considering your therapedic heavy coil bed, but I'm afraid of throwing more money down the toilet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment