Simmons Beautyrest Lumberton with latex mattress topper.

John writes:

Hi, I stumbled upon this blog and thought that I should see if I could get any recommendations. It has always been hard for me to find a mattress and have a comfortable night sleep. I'm only 24 and I have spina bifida with my lower vertebrae not being closed. I also injured my hip in sports, this caused me to have to stop playing altogether and I'm 190 pounds.
With these two I toss and turn all night with a now sagging 8 year old queen pillow top mattress that I loved till now. My sleeping habits are I sleep on my back till my lower back starts to hurt then switch to my stomach till my hip starts to hurt and repeat. That being said I can't have a too firm mattress or it hurts my hip and if its too soft it feels like its pulling my back apart and hurts/gives me discomfort. My girlfriend would be sharing the bed with me and she's used to a firmer mattress but she is not as picky as I have to be and around 120 pounds. We both don't like memory foam mattress.
I'm looking for a queen mattress but my budget is around $1000 or so for the mattress (price of my old one). I did not know if you had any suggestions for someone in my predicament as it does not seem like pillow top are the same anymore in my mattress hunt.
Thank You, John


Hi John,A mattress that provides firm support, with a cushiony sleeping surface sounds like the right mix to me. Actually, it's the right mix for most people. You happen to be in a position where you can tolerate nothing else. Your price point is doable. The thing that does the best job of cushioning the mattress is latex. It's reasonably expensive, but very long lasting...making it an excellent value. Fortunately, you don't have to spend much on a mattress to get proper support and quality. So, what you save on the mattress, you can put toward the topper. If I had to choose for you, it would be the Simmons Beautyrest Lumberton in luxury firm, along with a 2" layer of soft latex. Together, they will provide you with firm but contouring support that is designed to maintain the natural alignment of your spine...and the surface comfort that allows you to sleep deeply in any position. Together, they are $1100, but there's nothing to add to that. Delivery is free and there's no sales tax. Here are the links to both items. You can order on line or by phone.

http://www.themattressexpert.com/XcartStore/product.php?productid=17835&cat=310&page=1

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Lumberton, Luxury Firm


http://www.themattressexpert.com/XcartStore/product.php?productid=17731&cat=279&page=1
Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

Comments