Simmons Beautyrest extra firm mattress, Flatbrook vs. Tyson's Corner

Andi writes:

Hi Pete,
I can't thank you enough for your blog. Its already saved me from the dreaded Memory Foam mistake and helped me to realize that I need a firmer mattress than I currently own.
I'm considering two Beautyrest Extra Firm models - what you call the Flatbrook and the Tyson's Corner.  I couldn't feel any difference when I tried them in the store. I am female, 5'2" 130 lbs, 55 years old with some minor back issues.
Like almost everyone, I'm on a budget, but don't want to be miserable for the next 10 years. (My seven year old Back Care mattress is way too soft).  Is there enough of a difference in quality to justify spending more money on the Tyson's Corner or are the differences more cosmetic in nature?
Thanks, Andi


Hi Andi,
The Tyson's Corner has more padding than the Flatbrook. Because of that, the Flatbrook will keep its shape better over time. The coil systems are identical in each.
This is one of those instances where spending more does not get you a better mattress.
My only concern is in going from plush to extra firm, you may be over correcting. It's a common mistake.
However, that, is an easy fix. If you go with the extra firm and find it is too hard for you, add a layer of latex to soften the surface. The latex toppers make for a wonderfully comfortable sleeping surface without sacrificing the underlying firm support of the mattress...nothing like your too soft Back Care mattress.
Here is the link to both mattresses and to the latex toppers. Let me know if you have any further question about them.
You can order on-line or by phone. Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Flatbrook, Extra Firm



Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Tysons Corner, Extra Firm



Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

Comments