Simmons Beautyrest Classic Plush Mattress is too soft, Lower back pain

Vinay writes:

Hi
I've been struggling to find the right mattress for my platform bed.  I usually like a regular cushion firm/medium firm on box springs, but replicating this "feel" on a platform is difficult.  I've tried a Serta cushion firm which had absolutely no give whatsoever on the platform (which was uncomfortable), and now have a Simmons Beautyrest Classic Plush (15.5 gauge coils) which feels great but doesn't have nearly enough support for my lower back (wake up with lower back pain, but actually sleep well).  I am unfortunately a side, stomach and back sleeper.   Just to note, these are all king size mattresses on a bunkyboard.
I don't have an issue spending a little more, but given my bad experiences, I'm worried I'll get stuck with an expensive mattress I don't actually like.  In the past I had a Stearns and Foster Estate Ultra Firm with a 2 inch latex topper, but that was way to hard/had zero give which made it semi-unpleasant.
I've read that Simmons is a good brand for platform beds because they are designed for non-flexible foundations (similar to a platform). Is is true?
I am afraid of pillowtops (sag).
My height, weight, age  5'10", 155lbs, 32 y/o

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks, Vinay

Hi Vinay,
It seems to me that a mattress, the same as what you have now, but in a luxury firm with a 13.75 gauge wire would be the perfect choice.
The Simmons boxsprings are very rigid and their mattresses retain a similar feel on a platform bed. 
Here is a link to a Simmons Beautyrest Classic in luxury firm....much better support for your lower back.

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Flatbrook



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Featuring: Simmons Beautyrest, Pure Bliss & EverEden Latex Mattresses, All-Natural Latex Toppers
All Brand New, Factory Fresh to You.

Comments