Tempurpedic Hurt My Back, Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh Mattress

L.E. writes:

Thank you for your most informative blog.
I am a tall, thin female, 5'11" and weighing 135 lbs.
I slept for 15 years on a very firm mattress. It worked well because I was young and slept on my back a lot.
Now I am 41 and I sleep on my side more. Actually I use a lot of pillows to put me at a 3/4 angle, halfway between stomach and side, because it hurts too much to sleep directly on my shoulder, even on the softest mattresses. 
Last month I moved and gave away my bed, thinking it would be easy to replace.
A friend raved about Tempurpedic, and it felt amazing in the store (I know, you've heard this all before ...) so I bought one, and within 2 days it really hurt my lower back. I am still recovering. I sleep on the floor for part of the night sometimes. Also the memory foam is too hot for me.
I am now shopping for a replacement, as I still have almost 60 days left to return it.
Ideally I would like to find something on which I could sleep both back and side for about equal amounts of time.
I am drawn to the firm mattresses with the latex layer on top, but I would like to hear your recommendation.
Thank you, L.E. in L.A.

Hi L.E.
Since you've been reading and know that I've heard this all before...way too many times, I might add...I won't lecture you about it.
Since you also know that a firm mattress with a soft latex topper is the answer to your wants and needs, I just get right to it.
Here are links to the mattress and the topper you should have. The mattress is a Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh in plush/firm.
All by itself, it's comfy, so I would suggest waiting to see if you really need the topper for comfort, since your size doesn't demand it.
My wife and I have this same mattress with the latex topper. Our sizes do demand it and my wife likes the extra comfy feel that the latex provides.
You can order on-line. Delivery is free and there's no sales tax. 
http://www.themattressexpert.com/XcartStore/product.php?productid=17845&cat=309&page=1

Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh Plush Firm


http://themattressexpert.com/latextoppers/



Latex Mattress Topper


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

FEATURING: The #1 Selling Brand in the USA...Beautyrest by Simmons

Pure, 100% All-Natural, Talalay & Dunlop Latex Mattress Products

                        

               
Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Comments