Simmons Beautyrest Black Brooklyn Plush/ Firm with pillow top, Pure Bliss Latex Mattress, Degenerative Disc Disease

Stacey writes:

Hello Pete,
I purchased Simmons Beautyrest Black Brooklyn Plush/ Firm with pillow top 2 months ago, and now I am trying to return the mattress.
I had a body sore for a month after I got this mattress. The body sore is gone now, but I still have a shoulder and neck pain and I don't feel really comfortable when I lie down on my back(no pain, but just a little uncomfortable)
I went to several retail stores to check other mattress in the market, but somehow I am having a hard time to find a mattress I can fall in love. I am scared of temperpedic since I know either you love it or hate it and don't want to go through another break in period.
At this point, I am so confused which mattress I need to get. I am thinking about pure latex bliss mattress with topper. Not that it feels different than other mattress I tried, but I am thinking it might be a good mattress to keep a long time. Is a good choice? I tried pure bliss topper, but I didn't like it so much. It feels like I am sinking too much. I tired Costco topper when I visited my friend and it feels better than pure bliss topper. If I order your topper, which firmness should I get? How does your topper feel?
I am 42 years old 5'5 170 lbs with degenerative disc. And, I am a side and back sleeper.
Thanks in advance for your time and advice!!!
Stacey



Hi Stacey,
As a female with DDD, a pillowtop is a bad idea.
Your biggest problem is this idea you have about falling in love with your mattress.
Frankly, it's just plain foolishness. I'm guessing that the mattress industry, through mass media marketing and salesman's BS, has brain washed you into thinking that's what you want.
When what you need and what you think you want cannot be reconciled, you end up where you are...lost and confused.
Your back problems require firm support. Your feminine shape requires contouring at the surface.
The materials used at the top of most mattresses, won't long survive the pressure from a woman's hip area.
My suggestion would be the next model down from the Brooklyn...the Ansleigh in luxury firm.
http://www.themattressexpert.com/XcartStore/product.php?productid=17844&cat=309&page=1
Simmons Beautyrest Black Ansleigh, Luxury Firm

If you require more cushioning than what this mattress provides, add to it a 2" layer of soft latex...the only material that will hold up. 
Latex Mattress Topper

When trying a mattress, it's important that you not concentrate on the feel of the mattress. They are meant to have a seductiveness to them that is meant to be misleading. Instead, focus on your body and how it is feeling.
An all latex mattress is a wondeful thing and Pure Bliss makes the best of them.
They are uniquely comfortable and long lasting. Many people who go latex, never again consider any other type of bed. It's the only product in this industry with a loyal following.
http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/all-natural-latex/pure-latexbliss/

However, every once in a while, I'll get feedback from someone saying that it doesn't work for them. All of those negative comments were from people with disc issues. 
I have plenty of my own disc problems and have found latex to work well for me.
A lesson, I suppose, that there isn't any one mattress that will work for everyone.
Additional factors include the strain on the body when going from one type to another, which also occurs when going from an old to a new mattress. Re-aligning a spine that has become used to be mis-aligned can be a bit painful at first...but worth it in the long run.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

FEATURING: The #1 Selling Brand in the USA...Beautyrest by Simmons

Pure, 100% All-Natural, Talalay & Dunlop Latex Mattress Products

                        

               
Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Comments