Latex Mattress for Fibromyalgia

Kent writes:

We are in the market for a new mattress. My wife wakes up in pain every morning after most beds we have slept on. Occassionally she has woken up much better when we have been somewhere other than home, but we don’t realize it to figure out what the mattress was, we just think those mattresses were more expensive or nicer than what we had. There is the potential that she has fibromyalgia. Basically she goes to bed tired and wakes up tired and in pain. She is 5’2” and 120lbs and I am 6’2” and 210lbs. I think she could sleep on the softest bed around and it would be good. I am a little more leery of too soft of a bed hurting my back.
She sleeps on her side pretty more often than her back. I would sleep on my stomach if I could, but stopped that 10 years ago as it hurt my back. Now I mostly would sleep on my back and use a CPAP for the sleep apnea I have had since I was ~20. The CPAP also makes sleeping on my stomach difficult so I would consider myself a back sleeper mostly, but I wake up on my side too occasionally.
Have been looking at a Latex Mattress assembled locally here in Orlando (The Original Mattress Factory) but with a latex core, then nice soft latex on top and then a small foam quilted to the top, we have a few concerns.
We had for a few years while living in another country a memory foam on foam mattress. I liked it the first 4 of the 5 years we owned it, but my wife never did. Felt it was too hard for her and that she never would sink into it at all.
So we are stuck between trying to buy a nearly all Latex filled mattress ($1700) or a more traditional spring mattress and buying a latex topper. We do have lots of dust mite allergies (less so for me since the cpap filters the air) so having less cotton and fiber filler is a plus to us. We have heard of the manmade foams offgassing. The local company says they use a little of the foam as they can’t quilt to the latex. Don’t know how long 1/2” of foam would put off gasses nor the amount.
What do you suggest for our situation?
Kent

Hi Kent,
You're right about the soft mattresses not being good for your back...and, they don't hold up well, either....even the soft latex models.
The weak link is the poly foam at the surface. That will wear first and reasonably quickly.
Here is a link to latex mattresses that are all latex, with no poly foam.
http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/all-natural-latex/pure-latexbliss/
Pure LatexBLISS

I would suggest the starting model. If your wife needs more surface softness, add a 2" soft latex topper to that.
http://themattressexpert.com/latextoppers/
Latex Mattress Topper

Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that worsens over time if not treated.
Known treatment that work are: regular deep tissue massage, and a product you can find in the vitimin aisle, called sam-E.
You don't want to relay, solely, on a mattress for this.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

FEATURING: The #1 Selling Brand in the USA...Beautyrest by Simmons

Pure, 100% All-Natural, Talalay & Dunlop Latex Mattress Products

                        

               
Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Comments