A Latex Mattress Topper, your best defense against body impressions

Wendy writes:


Hi Pete,
Hey, after a lot of mattress testing and reading reviews, I bought a Beauty Rest Black Plush firm King size mattress from Mattress Firm stores. We have a 100 day trial return period. We bought it at the end of August. I have until November to return it which is coming up fast!!!  I am a big girl …about 215 lbs and only 5’3 and within a week’s time I had an impression in the bed. Mattress Firm told me that we should rotate the mattress a quarter turn every 2 weeks for a month. They said this would help with the “settling” of the materials and the impression. We did rotate the quarter turn but I already have the impression back. I am a side-stomach sleeper. My husband weighs more than I do but is 5’11 and he is a back sleeper. No real impression on his side. If I roll towards him, I am going up hill.
I don’t want to keep the mattress if this is happening so early into the purchase. I did not get a pillow or euro top as I heard they are bad for this. We almost bought a Stearns and Foster plush firm, but went with the Beauty Rest Black. Help! It’s a $2,000 dollar mattress and I am scared that the impression problem might only get worse and not level out with rotating it. I tried to stay away from memory foam…… My last mattress, a Sealy Posterpedic pillow top had issues, but we made it 10 years with it and it did not get bad until year 7 or 8 with the impressions…..
Thanks for your time and help and expertise!
Wendy

Hi Wendy,
There is no getting around a body impression. They come eventually. For a heavy woman, who carries a good deal of her weight at the hip, the body impression at that point in the mattress is totally unavoidable in today's market, except for a very few very hard models.
The best solution is to start off with one of the hard mattresses and add a latex topper for comfort.
Latex is the most resilient material available and resists impressions. But still, when the impressions do come and get to be too deep, you can replace the topper without having to buy a new mattress every year. Here is the link to the latex toppers. 

Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 (PST Hours 9am to 5pm, Daily)
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

FEATURING: The #1 Selling Brand in the USA...Beautyrest by Simmons

Pure, 100% All-Natural, Talalay & Dunlop Latex Mattress Products

                        

               
Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Comments