Tempurpedic Rhapsody memory foam mattress? Pure LatexBLISS Talalay Latex Instead.

Vanessa writes:

Hi Pete,
I got your contact info from Suzanne Watson who you helped buy a mattress for both her and another for her 3yo son.
We are in the market for a new mattress.  Actually we are getting it for a new bed, as we are moving in 5 weeks.
It's a cal king 4 post bed.
Here are the 2 mattresses we were debating between.  I know very different.  
I am 5'6", 130 and my husband is 5"11, 165.
What are your thoughts on Tempurpedic?  Everyone we know loves them although there is an adjustment period they still are supposed to be the rolls royce of mattresses.  I tried one and they are comfortable but I am actually not very picky.  I just do not want a soft mattress and want something good for my lower back.  I am a side and/or stomach sleeper.  I have 2 kids 3 and under.  My husband does move around sometimes at night.
Here are the 2.
Tempurpedic Rhapsody Cal King OR
Stearns and Foster Ruthan Cal King Pillow Top.
What are your thoughts in general and between the 2.
Thanks for your time,
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,
I can't tell you how amusing I found your comment about Tempurpedic, "The Rolls Royce of mattresses". I was like, LOL, LMAO, ROFL, ROFLMAO. I don't use the word, like, exponentially, but decided this was a good time for that...in light of your comparison.
The old VW Beetle, had available a Rolls Royce grill and nose, as a kit, so that the Bug would kinda look like a Rolls from the front. The Tempurpedic is as much a Rolls Royce as the VW Bug.
The VW was more like a Rolls, in that it lasted for more than a year. The Tempurpedic is more like a Rolls, in how much it costs.
The "cost", a direct result of the millions spent to promote it...not to mention the huge commissions paid to he/she who sells one.
If I have yet to make myself plain on the subject, let me put it another way. It's a suckers bet...no offense to everyone you know.
Here is a link to more about memory foam...the worthless material used in a Tempurpedic.

http://mattressexpert.typepad.com/the_mattress_expert/memory_foam/
http://mattressexpert.typepad.com/the_mattress_expert/tempurpedic-memory-foam/


While you're at it, you might also want to check out this link on pillowtop mattresses.

Of the two you asked about, both are a waste of money.
If you're truly looking for that kind of status in a mattress, you should consider an all latex mattress. Latex has been the undisputed "Best You Can Buy" since the 1920s. 
The premier manufacturer of the "State of the Art" Talalay Latex has been pure LatexBLISS...for the past 60 years...the True Rolls Royce of the mattress industry.
Tempurepedic has been merely a pretender for the last 20 years...spending millions of dollars to hype worthless junk until you're convinced otherwise.
Here is the link to the pure LatexBLISS line.





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments