A mattress for pain from fibromyalgia

Jaime writes:

Hello! 
I'm 5'6, weigh around 140 lbs and am in my mid 30's. I've been diagnosed w/ fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue & have miscellaneous other aches/pains from years of being a painter. I'm currently sleeping on an Ikea Sultan Hogbo mattress and I'm finding that no matter what position I sleep in I seem to wake up with consistent headaches and either a stiff and painful neck, sore shoulders, hip pain, lower back pain or upper pain. It constantly feels like I've managed to pull a muscle in my sleep, and I'm not a restless sleeper. I've also tried switching my pillow to a cervical support one that my chiropractor recommended but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. Several people have suggested memory foam but I already get hot enough in my sleep as it is without the additional help (plus your answers have been very eye opening on this subject!). I'm thinking it would be best to get a firm mattress with a latex topper but I'm not sure which would be the best way for me to go. I need to try to keep my costs between $600-$1000 so if that's not possible for both items is there a mattress you can recommend that wouldn't be too firm/too soft until I can get a latex topper at a later date? Thanks so much! Jamie

Hi Jaime,
Your mattress gets poor reviews on-line.
Your mattress has a coil system and some filling materials that aren't good for your fibro.
It's the kind on condition that you can't cure with a mattress, but you can certainly aggravate.
We can work within your budget, but the topper alone...an important part of the sleep system, is $350 in queen, by itself.
The least expensive mattress that works best as a base support for your fibro, is a Simmons Beautyrest...using an individually pocketed coil system. It allows for greater contouring support, which relieves pressure points. The latex topper adds to this relief and to the life of the mattress.
The links for the mattress and topper will be below.
But first, there are things you can do that will actually lower your over-all sensitivity.
Proven to help fibromyalgia are: a vitamin supplement called, sam-E. Also, regular deep tissue massage is known to increase blood flow to the surface of your body. While somewhat painful, at first, your condition will improve.

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Lumberton, Luxury Firm

Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Lumberton, Luxury Firm


All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper



Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments