Tempurpedic pillow top mattress

Jane writes:


Hello,
I have been researching mattresses and came across your site.  I purchased a Tempurpedic pillow top mattress five years ago.  It was never comfortable but about 6 months ago I developed shoulder and hip pain that was debilitating and constant.  Since I have sciatica and neck problems, I thought it was just an exacerbation of my medical problems.  Then I went to Nicaragua and was back-packing around staying in hostels.  Needless to say the beds were not the best quality.  But two weeks with no back aches was heaven.  Came home and back aches started again, especially my left shoulder (my primary side to sleep on).  I thought it was my pillow so tried a few different kinds.  Then a few  weeks after Nicaragua trip, I went to a cottage on Cape Cod.  Everyone was complaining how uncomfortable the beds were, but I did not have any aches or pains.  I had been suspecting that it was my mattress but refused to believe that after spending $3800, the problem was my mattress.
When I returned from the Cape I slept one night on the mattress and my shoulder pain started again.  I started sleeping in my guest room and my pain has subsided.  My question is, before I discard the mattress, can I turn a pillow top over?  Will that help?  What about a latex topper?  Or do I bite the bullet and buy a new mattress?
Thank you for your help.  I eagerly await your response.
Regards, Jane


Hi Jane,
We get many letters like yours. 
$3800 is lot of money to spend on a lousy product.
Flipping the mattress over and adding a 2" soft latex topper will do the trick. It has for many.
Memory foam is the worst thing you can buy, but they hype it like it's the best thing since sliced bread. There are sooo many people, like yourself, who buy and later regret the pain it causes.
I wouldn't be surprised to, someday, see a class action suit brought against that company because of all the false claims they make.
Anyway, here is the link to the latex topper.

http://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments