Stearns and Foster pillowtop mattress has body impression

Danielle writes:


Peter, 
I am searching for a new mattress and found your website, which is very informative!!  I purchased a Stearns and Foster pillowtop a year and half ago.  After about one month, it began sinking or creating body impressions.  I contacted that mattress store where it was purchased and they sent someone out to check.  Apparently the impressions were not deep enough, so the mattress was not defective. 
Now a year and half later, I am searching again for a new mattress, because the Stearns and Foster is now in my guest bedroom. I am 34 years old, 5'9. 150 lbs., and I have a herniated disc in my lower back, that is going to require surgery in the next month and half.  I will have a discetomy, and a lumbar fusion.  I am emailing you for recommendations, of course price is an issue, but better sleep and comfort are what I need.  I have debated from a traditional coil mattress, to a tempurpedic adjustable or even a sleep number... I am in need of your advice.
Thanks, Danielle



Hi Danielle,
Just like that Pillowtop, memory foam an air mattresses are a mistake for you.
They make back pain worse and will give you a back problem if you don't already have one, if used long enough.
Your back requires a firm mattress. Your size tells me that you will need some degree of surface softness for your hips.
The problem you're having with the S&F mattress you have, is not that it's a S&F, it's that it's a Pillowtop. What happened to your Pillowtop, happens with every Pillowtop, regardless of brand.
Softer mattresses wear out faster. It's a matter of simple physics.
Start off with the right mattress and add a layer of soft latex to it, and you'll have everything you want and need, and have it last a long time.
Here are links to one of our most popular ensemble sleep system. Many have been sold over the years and every one of them is a success story.


Simmons Beautyrest Recharge World Class Annapolis Place Luxury Firm



All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments