Simmons Beautyrest Flatbrook luxury firm mattress with a soft latex topper

Mike writes:


Hi Pete,
I've had the same bed for the past 12 years and am looking to update to a queen that isn't too expensive but something that will last for maybe another 8+ years. I have tendinitis in both my shoulders and sometimes I wake up with numbness in my arms. The fact that the bed is over 20 years old I've noticed that my middle back has started to hurt more. I'm not sure what to do as I've read on your blogs that pillow tops aren't the best, but I seem to have more difficulty sleeping and more pain if the bed is firm. I don't have a particular way that I sleep, I just have to be comfortable. Any suggestions?
Mike

Hi Mike,
You have a perspective issue that needs help. You are basing your expectations on the performance of your 20 year old mattress.
All disappointment is rooted in unrealized expectation. Your disappointment will be great. The quality of mattresses has declined over the past 20 years and most dramatically over the past 10 years.
Most of today's half mattresses (one sided), are infused with some degree of memory foam....which has added to a decline in longevity. Pillowtops have also added to the problem.
Both, memory foam and pillowtops have added to the sale-ability of mattresses, as the industry has moved to preying on the consumer indulging their sense of luxury. 
The most durable material used in mattresses has been that since the 1920s...and that would be latex.
An all latex mattress is expensive. However, you can add a 2" layer of latex to a good quality, basic mattress. In doing so, you minimize your expense and maximize the performance of the mattress.
You are expecting value for your dollar and the best way to get that, is with sleep system ensemble of a firm mattress and a latex topper.
Here are links to a good choice in a reasonably priced mattress and to the latex toppers.





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments