Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number beds sleep hot

Donna writes:

Dear Pete -
I am a 63 year old woman, 5’2” /140# and am in the market for a new and hopefully more comfortable queen mattress/box spring set.  I am a side/back sleeper and end up with pain/numbness in my hips/shoulders from sleeping on my Simmons pillow-top.    I sleep hot and when I had the opportunity to sleep for a couple of nights on both Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number beds, I ended up hot and sweaty in both of them.  I ruptured a disc in my neck about 10 years ago, and would also appreciate any advice you can give regarding pillows.  I even COUNT the number of pillows I have purchased since the injury.  
Many thanks for any advice you can provide.  
Donna


Hi Donna,
You, obviously, can't deal with memory foam...but then again, few can.
The key for you is firm support with a surface that relieves pressure points.
Memory foam and pillowtops claim to do this job, but their usefulness is short lived and the negative side effects are many.
What does work is a reasonably firm mattress and a 2" soft Talalay latex topper.
Latex does not sleep hot and will relieve all the pressure points. What's more, it's a long term solution.
Here are links to the most popular sleep system combination.







Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments