Sleeping Hot in my Sealy Posturepedic Pillowtop mattress

Elaina writes:


Hi,
I have a 4 year old Queen size Sealy Posterpedic Pillow Top mattress and I love it. The problem I am having is that I recently moved in with my boyfriend and got rid of his bed as it was too small. 
My mattress is comfortable to him but he is sleeping incredibly hot in it. I realize that this is probably due to the fact he is sinking into more than I am but is there anyway to fix this without getting a
new bed? Is it possible to put a firm topper on top of a pillow top?
Or even to flip it over and sleep on the other side, or would that ruin it?
Any help at this point would be great, considering we had the AC at 60 the other night an I was still dripping sweat in the morning.
Elaina

Hi Elaina,
Yes, you can use a latex topper on either side of the mattress and it will insulate you for any memory foam that may be causing your night sweats.
However, you may be causing this problem on your own without realizing it. 
Making the air in the room cool with cause you to use covers to stay warm. This will trap your body heat, making you hotter.
If you are the kind of person who gives off a lot of heat, try sleeping with no cover and little or no clothes. This will allow your body heat to escape. Keep the room at a comfortable enough temperature so that you don't need covers. If you are still heating up from under you, then you can blame it on the memory foam used in most mattresses today.
Here's a link to the latex toppers you asked about.

All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Also Featuring High Quality Sheets from Dream Fit...Guaranteed to fit and Guaranteed to Stay On

Comments