Sealy Posturepedic Belleza mattress sleeps hot

Nina writes:

My Sealy Posturepedic Belleza mattress becomes so hot after a few hours that I can't sleep on it. It begins to heat up soon after I lay on it, and gets progressively worse, until I awaken and throw off the covers.
I plan to return it but want to make sure my next purchase will not have the same problem. The salesperson ascribes this to the layer of memory foam, but I am concerned that this is not the only reason for the heat problem. As I never had any issue about temperature with a mattress before, I am wondering if the flame retardant is also an issue. Where is that flame retardant located, and though I know that it is federally mandated, can it be removed? Is it only located in the outermost cover of the mattress? Is there something I can cover the mattress with to alleviate this problem?
Thank you. I am despairing of finding a mattress currently available which is not hot! Thanks, Nina

Hi Nina,
The non-chemical flame retardant backing to the outer fabric is known to have that affect on menopausal women, almost exclusively. The reaction time, for them, is far shorter than the "few hours" that you describe.
Memory foam, of which there is more than one layer, is the common cause for most people sleeping hot. Pillowtops add to the problem.
Regardless of the cause, a latex topper works as the best insulator from the heat causing materials.
If you are exchanging the mattress, avoid the Posturepedics in their entirety.
Here's a link to the latex toppers 



All-Natural Latex Mattress Topper





Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments